6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2014 6:01 AM by Peter Spier

How do change default save settings to origin file folder rather than last saved pathing?

Glitchy

I'm not sure if this is something I can adjust in Adobe or if this is an operating system issue, but when I do save as, or export functions the default save folder is the last folder I saved to, rather than pathing to the folder where the file I'm working in originates. This is annoying for me as I jump around from project to project and I'm always having to direct my saves back to the folder it should go in, rather than the last thing I worked on. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to change this?

*I looked in the preferences and the closest thing I found was File Handling, but this doesn't have a default path save type of option.

I guess I should be specific. I thought this was across all of my Adobe programs, but I see in the Photoshop options, File Handling does have a checkbox for saving in the same folder. Is there a way to do this with InDesign also? That is the program that I use the most. I don't see it in the File Handling options within InDesign.