6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 10:00 AM by Sled dog

Help

Sled dog

Why does the photoshop touch shut down while I am the middle of working on a project

• 1. Re: Help
          joerg eberhardt Employee Moderator

This might have have been a crash - could you please tell what you did just prior to the "Shutdown"?

Did you work on a multi-layered or high-dimension project?

What hardware are you using?

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Help
            Sled dog Level 1

It shuts down at different times. One time while I was going to add a picture that I had just created. Another time it was when I was trying to get a picture from my files. I am working on a iPad. Thanks, any help would be good. I am working on a picture of making a Christmas card of our dogs in front of a fireplace.

• 3. Re: Help

Did you try to restart your device to free up some system memory?

• 4. Re: Help
                Sled dog Level 1

Yes, stopped working on the project and shut down the iPad. I still had problems when I came back later. How do I check if the memory on my iPad is full? Do I need to delete some things to make the photoshop work better?

• 5. Re: Help

as the iPad 2 has limited internal memory you need to be aware that with big projects (multi-layered or high-dimension projects) a memory related crash can easily occur. Please make sure you do save often. Thanks!

• 6. Re: Help
                    Sled dog Level 1

Thanks. I will try to remember to save often. I just went back into the PS and was able to import another picture I was working on. I saved it and will go back later. Hope the system works, I enjoy working with the photoshop. Thanks again.