7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 1:48 PM by david.boos

Employee Time Off Workflow

david.boos

I would like to create a FormsCentral employee time off form.  Our currently form is a PDF that has 3 submission buttons - each submission button is used by a different person in the work flow chain.

1st submission is done by the employee requesting time off, when pressed it attaches itself to an e-mail and is then the employee enters the supervisors email.

2nd submission is for the supervisor to approve the time off and once the submit button is pressed it again attaches itself to an e-amil and is sent to human resources.

3rd submission is to human resources which then records it and is then sent back to the employee for the employee to keep as a record of approval.

Basically -

Employee > Supervisor > Human Resources > Employee

How can I replicate this or would there be a better way to handle this with Forms Central?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Employee Time Off Workflow
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

FormsCentral does not have any sort of a "workflow" for forms.  We just released a feature that could be used for something like you've described but is not what the feature is designed for.

The new feature is "Save Web Form" which is turned on and configured by the author of the form and allows the form filler to "Save" their progress and Email a URL to the partially completed form to themselves (or to someone else).  You could accomplish a "workflow" using this feature.  The Human Resources person in the chain would probably "Submit' the form and with "Email Reciepts" turned on the Employee could recieve an email confirmation that the process was completed.

The "Save Web Form" feature is enabled on the Options tab, under "Save Web Form".

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Employee Time Off Workflow
            david.boos Level 1

Thanks Josh.

• 3. Re: Employee Time Off Workflow
              david.boos Level 1

Josh,

We're modifying how the form works to a two step approval - submission to supervisor - e-mail to HR and to employee.

I have two e-mail addresses in my form - one for the supervisor and one for the employee.  What I would like to do is have the form save to the supervisor and the submission to go to the business office and the employee that the time off was approved.

I can't seem to make the form do that, if I change the e-mail address in Email receipts it changes the e-mail in save web form - it doesn't appear those can go two different places.

Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

• 4. Re: Employee Time Off Workflow

Hi;

I shoud have clarified up front, you won't be able to define the workflow - it would be up to the people in the workflow to do the right thing.  If you test out the "Save Web Form" feature you'll note that when you "Save" it brings up a dialog with an "Email" box where an email (the one set up for Email Reciepts) is pre-populated, the first user would have to change this Email to the next person in the workflow manually.  You could include instructions for the workflow in the form.

Thanks,

Josh

• 5. Re: Employee Time Off Workflow
                  david.boos Level 1

Could a drop down be used as a source for the forms save feature?  So if I list all the supervisors in the drop down the employee would select one, click save, the save would pull the e-mail from the drop down.

• 6. Re: Employee Time Off Workflow

Not at this time, it is a good idea for an enhancement to this feature, but is not supported currently.

Thanks,

Josh

• 7. Re: Employee Time Off Workflow
                      david.boos Level 1

We're going to try and make it work with the save/submit button combination.  Hopefully we'll see workflow additions to this product in the future - otherwise it should work awesome.

Thanks for answering all my questions.