10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2014 9:11 PM by A.T. Romano

PrE12 not displaying audio contents.

Erock63

I've install PrE12 but both music scores and sound effects options are greyed out. How do I get the content to display. I'm using Mac with Mavericks. I also uninstalled Pre11 and chose to uninstall content and preferences prior to install Pre12.

• 1. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Erock63

Excuse but I do not want to take anything for granted.

Premiere Elements 12 Music Scores and Sound Tracks under the Audio Tab need to be downloaded before use. Are you doing that for what you want to use?

Under the Audio Tab, do you see the major categories for Music Score and Sound Effects? Then under Music Score and Sound Effects do you see the multiple subchoices?

Music Scores and Sound Effects are new to Premiere Elements 12. They are not in version 11 under the Music Tab where SmartSound/Sonicfire could be found or anywhere else. SmartSound no longer exists in version 12, maybe in concept but not name.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
            Erock63 Level 1

When I originally posted, I saw no major categories under Music Score and Sound Effects (both Music Score and Sound Effects options were greyed out). After checking now, I am starting to see some categories under both both it appears I don't have all the Sound Effects categories but I believe I have all the categories for Music Scores. Under Sound Efffects I only have the following categories: Ambience, Crashes, Impacts, Industry, Liquids, & Science Fiction. When I installed the trial version on Windows, there were more Sound Effects categories like Animals, Cartoon Effects, Foley, etc.

1. So I guess my question is, does the categories and subchoices build over time?

2. How will I know when I have all categories and subchoices?

• 3. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Erock63

The following is an excerpt (Audio Tab) from my Premiere Elements 12 First Look Blog which detailed the program to the extent that I did a count on the Music Score and Sound Effects files

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/premiere-elements-12-first-look-details.html

Audio.  Gains, Losses.

Premiere Elements 12's Audio Tab in the bottom row of tabs in the workspace is the former Music Tab of version 11. And, the content under the Audio tab is different than that found under 11's Music Tab. The prior version's Music Tab housed 10 thumbnails representing 10 SmartSound soundtracks, each with 30 seconds duration and ready to use plus the text "Use SmartSound" to click on to gain access to the "Sonicfire Pro 5 ET (SmartSound Express Track)" interface where those free and other free SmartSound soundtracks could be customized to fit the duration of the video without compromising the arrangement of the soundtrack. Although the concept of the SmartSound soundtrack remains in version 12 under the Audio Tab, no trace of the SmartSound name was to be found.

Now under Premiere Elements 12's Audio Tab are two major categories, Music Scores and Sound Effects.

Figure 10. Premiere Elements 12. Audio Tab/Music Score And Sound Effects.

Music Score has 7 subcategories and a total of 51 free soundtracks, customizable according to the SmartSound concept. The Music Score subcategories and the number of soundtracks in them are Ambient (6), Atmospheric (8), Blues (2), Country (5), Rock-Pop (22), Urban (4), and Weddings (5).

Sound Effects has 13 subcategories and a total of 267 or 268 free sound effects. The Sound Effects subcategories and the number of sound effects in them are Ambience (49), Animals (10), Cartoon Effects (20), Crashes (10), Fire and Explostions (18), Foley (30), Impacts (20), Industry (10), Liquids (10), Science Fiction (30), Technology (29 or 30), Transportation (11), and Weather (20).

The same Music Score and Sound Effects offerings are available in the Expert and Quick workspaces. All these files appear to be .wav files on Windows and .aiff files on Mac.

Also see Action Bar Menu at top of workspace for access to the display of Audio choices.

The Music Score and Sound Effects folders and files can be found in Windows 7 or 8 64 bit in the path

Local Disc C\Program Data\Adobe\Premiere Elements\12.0\Online. The Online Folder includes a Music Score Folder and a Sound Effects Folder. The Music Score Folder contains an All_Lang Folder which contains folders for the subcategories. Each subcategory folder contains a theme folder which houses the theme's assets. The Sound Effect Folder has a similar sub-structure.

Premiere Elements Audio Tab set up as well as "Sonicfire Pro 5 - ET/SmartSound Express Track/whatever it is called" through the versions will be gone into in more detail soon in the Premiere Elements 12 Daily Discoveries blog post. The names of those 267 or 268 Sound Effects are unbelievable. The "267 or 268" relates back to the finding that the program files showed 30 Sound Effects for the Technology subscategory; whereas, in the program, there were only 29 entries under Technology. The one missing in the program appears to be "Electron Camcorder Panasonic Dvx100 Placing Battery On Camera Fast".

Did you install your Premiere Elements 12 with antivirus and firewalls turned off? That could be a factor.

But first let us look at what Music Score and Sound Effects files you actually find on the computer hard drive at this time.

The path to them is mentioned in the excerpt above (I have made that path text bold).

Please review the above and then we can decide what next. I do not recall any building over time for those Music Score and Sound Effects under the Premiere Elements 12 Audio Tab.

Once we know what is actually on the hard drive for these files, our path to a solution to the problem will be clearer.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
                Erock63 Level 1

Thanks for your feedback. Just to be clear, I have PrE12 installed on iMac with Mavericks. I had previously installed the trial version on a Windows based system and did see all categories and subchoices.

I read your blog and have noticed that I do see all categories and subchoices for Music Scores but not for Sound Effects. I left my MAC running with PrE12 running for about two days but I still do not have all Sound Effects categories and subchoices. Here's are the categories and amount of subchoices that show on my system for Sound Effects : Ambience (22), Crashes (10), Fire & Explosions (18), Impacts (20), Industry (10), Liquids (10), and Science Fiction (30).

Based on your blog, I am still missing categories as well as subchoices. What are your suggextions?

• 5. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Erock63

Thanks for the follow up.

It is not unusual for Premiere Elements Mac to be built with less features as compared to Premiere Elements Windows. We see that for effects and some other features of the program. Steve Grisetti (who works with Premiere Elements Mac, I don't) has written about those items in Premiere Elements 12 Windows that are not in Premiere Elements 12 Mac.

http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=12342

But, I do not see Audio Tab, Music Scores and Sound Effects in the group as a Windows Only.

Let us get him involved in your thread and give us a count of the Music Scores and Sound Effects that he has in his Premiere Elements 12 Mac.

We will be watching for the results.

I do not know if an uninstall/reinstall with antivirus and firewalls off would be indicated at this point.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Erock, on my iMac with OSX Mavericks, I am seeing these categories for musical Scores: Ambient, Atmospheric, Blues, Country, Rock-pop, Urban and Weddings -- just as in ATR's illustration.

For Sound Effects, I see: Ambiance, Animals, Cartoon Effets, Crashes, Fire and Explosions, Foley, Impacts, Industry, Liquids, Science Fiction, Technology, Transportation and Weather.

I have noticed that it takes a moment or two for these categories to populate. When I first open the Scores or Sound Effects, I only see one or two categories -- but a moment later they are all there.

Assuming your iMac is at least as new as mine and you've got at least much RAM as I have (4 gigs), this may be happening to you too, but it shouldn't take but a second or two.

• 7. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
                      ruiz525 Level 1

Hi AT Romano

I only see under Music Score two categories: Ambient & Rock-pop

How much I need to wait?

(I have PE12)

}

Regards

Roberto

• 8. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Roberto

Did you ever have the all the Music Scores?

If you are just getting started with the program and what is under the Audio Tab and all the content is not there,

a. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not solve the problem, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder that the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working from Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives so that you can see the complete path cited.

b. If that does not work, then it is time for deactivation (Sign Out) from within an opened project, uninstall, ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner), and the reinstall with the antivirus and firewall turned Off.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Please let us know the outcome.

I am assuming that your Premiere Elements 12 is running on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. If not, please let me know and I will alter my suggestions accordingly.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Be sure to Run As Administrator and work from User Account with Administrative Privileges.

• 9. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
                          ruiz525 Level 1

Wow... I was just starting and they appeared !!

But thanks for your quick response.... have a good day

Roberto

• 10. Re: PrE12 not displaying audio contents.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Roberto

I am just about to call it a day here. It is about 12:15 am here.

Is the Wow good news? Is everything under the Audio Tab now there and working?

Please let us know that you are OK.

I will be watching for your results in the light of day in the morning here.

Best wishes

ATR