3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2014 5:29 AM by GuillaumeK RSS

Custom Checkin UI does not show up if checkin new file

GuillaumeK

Hi,

After successing to display the custom checkin UI ( http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1192118?tstart=0 ), I found another problem.

The custom checkin UI displays well when the file checked in is already registered in the remote server.

But if I check in a new file, the Custom UI is not called at all. (No call to GetCustomCheckInUIContextInfo, GetCustomCheckInUI or CanEnableCustomCheckInUI neither).

Really problematic to me, because I actually needed this custom UI only in the case of checking in a new file.

Thank you for your help.

Guillaume

• 1. Re: Custom Checkin UI does not show up if checkin new file
          GuillaumeK Community Member

More information :

One example of what is happening chronologically :

1) I have one new image opened with Photoshop.  I click on "Save As", choose "jpeg" type and I select a folder of my drive mounted volume.

2) In the AD4ServiceManager_java.log file, it appears several time the same exception :

2013/12/10 14:09:16,952 [JobHandler-2] ERROR GetAssetById - Caught exception

com.adobe.drive.data.model.DriveException: com.adobe.drive.data.model.asset.ModelObjectNotFoundException: Cannot find class com.adobe.drive.data.internal.model.Asset with id='1 578'

at com.adobe.drive.data.model.asset.DeprecatedAssetFactory.findAssetById(DeprecatedAssetFact ory.java:42)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.data.manager.DataManager.getCachedAsset(DataManager.java:1791)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.GetAssetById.executeItem(GetAssetByI d.java:59)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.GetAssetById.executeItem(GetAssetByI d.java:1)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.VersionCueCall$1.run(VersionCueCall. java:125)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.VersionCueCall$1.run(VersionCueCall. java:1)

at com.adobe.drive.data.internal.persistence.PersistenceRunner.run(PersistenceRunner.java:11 9)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.VersionCueCall.execute(VersionCueCal l.java:137)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.VersionCueService.getAsset(VersionCueServ ice.java:234)

at com.adobe.drive.ncomm.versioncue.GetAssetById.handle(GetAssetById.java:54)

at com.adobe.drive.ncomm.versioncue.VersionCueRequestHandler$1.run(VersionCueRequestHandler. java:185)

at com.adobe.drive.core.internal.jobs.JobHandler$JobWrapper.run(JobHandler.java:270)

at com.adobe.drive.core.internal.jobs.JobHandler$JobWrapper.run(JobHandler.java:286)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Caused by: com.adobe.drive.data.model.asset.ModelObjectNotFoundException: Cannot find class com.adobe.drive.data.internal.model.Asset with id='1 578'

at com.adobe.drive.data.persistence.factories.AssetFactory.findAssetById(AssetFactory.java:2 44)

at com.adobe.drive.data.model.asset.AssetFactory.findAssetById(AssetFactory.java:69)

at com.adobe.drive.data.model.asset.DeprecatedAssetFactory.findAssetById(DeprecatedAssetFact ory.java:38)

... 15 more

3) Then the Photoshop's jpeg quality selection windows appear.  I click OK.

4) Another exception in the AD log file :

2013/12/10 14:09:24,650 [JobHandler-3] ERROR JobHandler - Uncaught exception during system job execution.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.drive.internal.data.manager.DataManager.resolveAssetsOfSameMountPoint(DataManag er.java:10266)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.data.manager.DataManager.canEnableCustomCheckInUI(DataManager.java:2269)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.CanEnableCustomCheckInUI.executeItem (CanEnableCustomCheckInUI.java:68)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.CanEnableCustomCheckInUI.executeItem (CanEnableCustomCheckInUI.java:1)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.VersionCueCall$1.run(VersionCueCall. java:125)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.VersionCueCall$1.run(VersionCueCall. java:1)

at com.adobe.drive.data.internal.persistence.PersistenceRunner.run(PersistenceRunner.java:11 9)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.call.VersionCueCall.execute(VersionCueCal l.java:137)

at com.adobe.drive.internal.biz.versioncue.service.VersionCueService.canEnableCustomCheckInU I(VersionCueService.java:554)

at com.adobe.drive.ncomm.versioncue.CanEnableCustomCheckInUI.handle(CanEnableCustomCheckInUI .java:65)

at com.adobe.drive.ncomm.versioncue.VersionCueRequestHandler$1.run(VersionCueRequestHandler. java:185)

at com.adobe.drive.core.internal.jobs.JobHandler$JobWrapper.run(JobHandler.java:270)

at com.adobe.drive.core.internal.jobs.JobHandler$JobWrapper.run(JobHandler.java:286)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

5) The CheckIn UI appear, but without my custom UI.

When the asset checked in was already in the remote server, there are not those exceptions and the custom UI appears correctly.

It seems there is a problem in the code of com.adobe.drive.internal.data.manager.DataManager when it tries to run canEnableCustomCheckInUI.  Maybe this NullPointerException is linked with the first exception that says that the asset was not found in the Drive cache.

From this GetAssetById error in a previous thread ( http://forums.adobe.com/thread/915325 ), Gang_Z said :

you dont't have to worry about the exception, it's just normal when saving a new file on the folder since AD doesn't cache it before.

So I don't know what is the problem exactly, but I hope this is a clue.

(edit : tested on Drive 5 and 5.0.1, on windows XP, 7 and Mac OS 10.6.8 and with Bridge/Photoshop CS6)

• 2. Re: Custom Checkin UI does not show up if checkin new file

I would like to know :

1) Is this a internal bug of Drive ?

2) If yes, what should I do ?

- to ask on this forum?

- to report it as a bug in the Adobe bug report web page ( https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform ) ?

- to call the Adobe support for developers by phone?

- something else?

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Custom Checkin UI does not show up if checkin new file

Excuse me, I don't want to be insistent, but thank you to let me know about this bug in Drive.  It still doesn't work.

At least to know if it's going to be considred for a next patch or version of Drive or if it's not in your dev team priority. Thank you.