1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 10, 2013 5:31 AM by Steve Grisetti

Workspace has disappeared

ski1966

I have been using Premiere Elements 9 for a few years withour an issue on Vista.  I upgraded to a new computer with Windows 7 and contiued producing videos and Youtube clips.  On Monday I tried to use the DVD share for the first time on this computer.  Before sharing I decided to download the extra content for the menus.  After downloading the program crashed and I eventually uninstalled and reinstalled the program.  It worked the first time and then the workspace wouldn't open.  I get the menu bar at the top but nothing else.  Trying to reset the Workspace causes it to crash. Now every time I want to use it I have to reinstall the program.

• 1. Re: Workspace has disappeared
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sounds like your computer could use a tune-up.

When did you last run Disk Cleanup and the Disk Defragmenter? (Even brand new computers are riddled with fragmented files.)

Go to Windows Update and click on Restore Hidden Updates. Ensure that Windows Update is set to download Microsoft Updates as well as Windows Updates and then make sure you have all of the updates -- even the non-critical ones.

And of course manually go to the nVidia or ATI web sites and download the latest drivers for your graphics card! This step alone fixes a surprising number of these types of issues!

(Also, don't forget to get the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements.)