• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dividing an A2 Document in the middle to print as 2 A3

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to divide an A2 Document in the middle to print as 2 A3?

I have an A2 Document of about 50 pages, Each page is set to a landscape spread of 420x594 (A2). I would like to print them to 100 pages of A3, with each page split down the middle so I can print them on my A3 printer. The purpose is to enable me to tile them on a display for a private presentation. I don't have an A2 plotter, besides my prints contain so much colour and taking them to a commercial printroom is out of the question. It will cost. Thanks in advance for the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File>Print

Go to Setup

Then choose Tile

http://snag.gy/17wiy.jpg

Set your page up as A3

It will give you trim marks to trim off and then it will fit nicely together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific Eugene? I have tried that already. Can't see how to divide them down the middle. Go into more details please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new document A3 size Facing Pages,then File Place and choose the indesign document and start place by click on top left corner of page 2 on the new documet, and thus the place page extended from page 2 to page3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Salah. Your answer seems to work. But I have another problem. After doing what you suggest it places only the first page, it doesn't show me the place icon to continue placing the next page, and I know if i go and click the place tool again, it will only place the first page again. What do I need to do so it will show me the next page to place or even place all the pages at once after my first placement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When File>Place check on Show Import Options, then select Pages>All

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect Salah! You saved my day! Do you know this next one? Is there anyway of setting this such that after the first click all the pages will be automatically placed? second question how can I set a link between the two files so that the split document will update automatically with the original document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There script "MultiPageImporter2.5JJB.jsx" after you export as PDF you can place all page with one clik:

http://indesignsecrets.com/placing-all-the-pages-of-a-pdf-inside-indesign.php

how can I set a link between the two files so that the split document will update automatically with the original document?

If the place and indesign file is indesign document there's no problem when change or modified any thing on the original document it updated of the placed document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waow! You offered me a solution to every problem I had on this. I must thank you warmly for your quick responses Salah; I am impressed about your readiness to take time out and help. You reap what you sow, so I hope you also get your problems solved in a similar fashion. Thank you too Eugene for your reply. Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this case I don't think the script will help that much since it isn't set up to place on every other page in the destination document. You'd have to run it, then add pages for the right half of each spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines