1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 6:28 AM by Cari Jansen

Text in interactive fields before exporting - but wish it to be still editable...

MariaBjerregaard

Hi, in InDesign CC I have a problem with text in interactive text fields. I would like to write text that is editable after exporting interactive pdf. Because I have many formulars with many many text fields, and my clients would like to edit the text but not write (or paste) everything again. Is it possible to insert text that remains editable after exporting to interactive pdf ? Hope you can help !!!

and btw - is it possible to use other fonts than Times somehow ? Thank you )

Maria, Denmark

• 1. Re: Text in interactive fields before exporting - but wish it to be still editable...
          Cari Jansen Adobe Community Professional

hi Maria,

You'll need to make these changes in Adobe Acrobat after you've exported the InDesing form to PDF (Interactive).

Presently you can't control which font is used for the form fields in InDesign or enter default text.

In Acrobat:

• Click Tools.
          • Click Form to display the Forms panel.
          • Click Edit to enter Form Editing Mode.
          • Right-click a text field and choose Properties.
          • To change the default font for the text field:
            • Click the Appearance tab in the Text Field Properties dialog box.
          • To enter text in a field that appears by default:
            • Click the Options tab in the Text Field Properties dialog box.
            • In the Default Value box, type the default field text.
          • Click Close Form Editing.

If you have other questions that relate more to Acrobat than InDesign, please post them at the Acrobat Forum.

Hope this helps.

Cari

twitter: carijansen

facebook: carijansen.au