2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2013 1:17 PM by nealeh

What is the best workflow to duplicate adjustments across many clips and export them separately?

BillyDBrown Level 1

Hi,

I'm pretty new at this. I have 30 or so clips comprising about 90 min of HD AVCHD video. I'd like to adjust color and lighting and export them separately as max quality MP4s(h.264). In terms of PE, no real fancyeffects, the adjustments panel meets my needs. I plan to apply the same adjustments to each clip at least as a starting point. I own Adobe the Elements Family ver 12 (Premiere, Photoshop, and Organizer) and LightRoom. Can you advise me on what the most expeditious workflow would be?

I'm not sure about any of this but here is my thinking so far:

Premiere Elements:

Pro:  Offers good adjustment control.

Con: I'm thinking adjustments only apply to clips on the timeline or storyboard. If I remove the clip from the time line, adjustments won't stick in the assets panel. Export, exports everything on the time line. I'd have to go through the adjustment and export process individually for each clip. Not sure if I can save a development preset?

Elements Organizer:

Pro:  Can work with and export clips as separate files. Adjustments can be duplicated across clips(?).

Con:  Not as many adjustment controls as Premiere Elements.

LightRoom:

Pro:  Can work with and export clips as separate files. Adjustments can be duplicated across clips.

Con: Not sure if it has as many adjustment controls as Premiere Elements or not. Any others?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

BillyB