13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 7:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake

NorfolkPete Level 1

Hi there,

New'sh to the world of video and Vimeo and getting the hang of things as I go along.

I am using Adobe Premier 12 to edit my videos and have noticed that  when uploaded to Vimeo they have a slight bounce to them.

In Premier 12  they are fine and look good.

I have tried all sorts, I have read 'Video Compression Guidelines'  for Vimeo however this is for Premier 10, I have tried uploading direct using my  Vimeo 'Upload' button and uploading direct from  Premier 12.

Nothing makes an difference.

Has anyone got any wise words that can help me out please?

Many thanks, P

• 1. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are you editing, and what are your "exact" share/export settings?

The Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

Premiere Elements FAQ List (2 pages of FAQ as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq?view=all

Premiere Elements TIPS List (6 pages of Tips as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips?view=all

• 2. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
            A.T. Romano Level 7

NorfolkPete

Focusing on Premiere Elements 12 and the Publish+Share/Social Websites/Vimeo upload.

What are the properties of the source media that you are importing into the project?

What are you or the program setting as the project preset based on the properties of these source media?

What are you selecting as the preset for the Vimeo upload?

If you take your Expert workspace Timeline and export it to a file saved to the hard drive, can you upload that file at the Vimeo web site and not have this bouncing? Where do you observe this bounce...moments of action, at the beginning, in the middle, at the end, or throughout dependant of action?

Please review and let us know the details and results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
              NorfolkPete Level 1

Hi there,

As mnetioned new'ish to this

The easiest option would be the Publish+Share option on Elements 12.

I have tried the Upload to Vimeo option - Vimeo HD

I have tired saving on my computer and then actually uploading to Vimeo using the upload option on my dashboard.

I also followed all of their 'Video Compression Guidelines' here...https://vimeo.com/help/compression

The record format is AVCHD on our cam.

I have tried many of the options saving from the Quick Workspace and really not sure from various bits of advice which was correct, so tried many. The slight bounce is horizontal, from begiinging to end.

I have just tried Publish+Share > Adobe Flash Video and changed Frame Size to 1280 x 720.

Now for some reason there is no bounce and it looks fine.

My concern now is that I have tried some much, read so much I really don't know if what I'm doing is correct at all.

It's all getting rather confusing.

Any thoughts and advice greatly recived

• 4. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                A.T. Romano Level 7

NorfolkPete

Thanks for the additional information.

The key information that I needed to work with is outlined in my prior post in your thread.

See if you can find out the properties of your starting materiall. You say that you record AVCHD on your cam. Do you know if that recording is 1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720 or other? If you name the brand/model/recording settings for your cam, then we may be able to get that information without going to video properties readout programs.

With that information, I can give you specific settings to use for your export, whether to file for upload to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site or for upload to Vimeo from with Premiere Elements. I was hoping that you could tell us if the bounce was influenced by one or the other of the upload choices.

The good news is that you have found an export to give you good results, that is, the Adobe Flash Video at 1280 x 720.

Right now all I need to know is a good description of your source going into the Premiere Elements project. I can build on that information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                  NorfolkPete Level 1

Hi there,

Ok record format is AVCHD and recodring at 1920 x 1080.

The only other option is 3968 x 2232

Please note I changed the frame size to upload from Elements 12 to Vimeo as per the instructions on Vimeo to Frame Size 1280 x 720

The cam is a Panasonic HC-V110

Record Mode HG1920

The slight bounce has been on every option I have chosen other than the later...

'I have just tried Publish+Share > Adobe Flash Video and changed Frame Size to 1280 x 720'

I really did think it would be simple to just click Publish+Share > Social Websites, this is what attracted me to buying Elements 12

Thank you for your patience.

• 6. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                    NorfolkPete Level 1

Hi there,

Ok record format is AVCHD and recodring at 1920 x 1080.

The only other option is 3968 x 2232

Please note I changed the frame size to upload from Elements 12 to Vimeo as per the instructions on Vimeo to Frame Size 1280 x 720

The cam is a Panasonic HC-V110

Record Mode HG1920

The slight bounce has been on every option I have chosen other than the later...

'I have just tried Publish+Share > Adobe Flash Video and changed Frame Size to 1280 x 720'

I really did think it would be simple to just click Publish+Share > Social Websites, this is what attracted me to buying Elements 12

Thank you for your patience.

• 7. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

NorfolkPete

From your details, you appear to be shooting AVCHD 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

If that is the case, have you or the program been setting the project preset for

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30

When you get to Publish+Share/Social Websites/Vimeo, you say that you use Vimeo HD (1280 x 720) and there is a bounce. Is this export from a project with the above project preset?

In the course of your troubleshooting, have you looked at the same Timeline taken to YouTube with the preset = High Definition Video for YouTube 1920 x 1080? I do not recall seeing that and whether there was a bounce there also in the YouTube playback of the upload there.

ATR

• 8. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                        ChrisReardon

Hello Pete. I am having exactly the same problem. Slight bouncing to my videos since upgrading from version 9 to version 12. Wish I hadn't bothered now !  Here's a deno. Fast forward to about 30 mins :    

http://youtu.be/4JbLa3ld4r0

As you can see, it's bouncing. It looked fine in the time line before I saved. I save in Windows Media usually. Have done the same SAVE format for 5 years with no trouble in Elements 9.

I read your problem with interest and have now tried saving in exactly the same FLASH settings as you - and guess what - it works. Only think is the file size is much larger than what I used to save in. Gonna try saving in Windows Media at 1280x720 and see what happens. Will let you know mate.

• 9. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

ChrisReardon

I wanted to take a look at the bounce in your YouTube video demo (created Premiere Elements 12). However, the link has a problem, that is, 404 Not Found.

In your case, what were the properties of what you put on the Timeline and what were the export settings used...if this is a 30 minute video, I am assuming that you exported the file to a hard drive save location and then uploaded that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

Looking forward to your Windows Media results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                            ChrisReardon Level 1

Try this please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JbLa3ld4r0

The video is actually an hour and 20 mins long. You need to fast forward to 30 mins as the first 30 is a blank screen - I forgot to put the video in there.

I have listed above in a previous post all the settings I used.

Thanks.

• 11. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

ChrisReardon

Thanks. The link in post 10 is working.

Is the bouncing to which you refer that bottom horizontal edge of the frame?

Is green screening involved in any part of the video?

I will be back later with further thoughts on this if I am looking at correctly the issue that you are presenting.

ATR

• 12. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                                ChrisReardon Level 1

Yes. It is ever so slightly bouncing up and down. It can be seen at the bottom and the top. Green screening is not involved at all.

Thank you.

• 13. Re: Uploaded & Saved Videos have a slight Shake
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

ChrisReardon

I will do some exploring and see if I can figure out what is behind that bottom edge bounce.

More later, later tonight or probably tomorrow.

ATR