9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2013 1:06 PM by jgh RSS

Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b

jgh

Loaded onto my HP laptop Elements 12 and Premier Elements 12 from the cd that came in the combo package purchased yesterday.  Photo Elements 12 loads fine, Premier Elements 12 will not open and gives me an error message 0xe000007b (and something like cannot open )  Uninstalled PhotoElements 12 and reinstalled but still get the same error code and message.  Any ideas? 

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
          Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi jgh,

Thanks for posting on Adobe Fourms,

1. Try to find Security update for Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and Remove

The KB I have found and remove in one case is KB2467173 in the updates for Visual C++ 2010  and fixed the issue

1. Try to remove all the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable and Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Packages (both x86 and x64) from the Control Panel

2. Download and install following Visual C++ Redistributable Packages

1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
            2. Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
            3. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
            4. Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)3
            5. 3.After this Try to Reinstall premiere elements 11.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
            John T Smith MVP

Also, other discussion of that error http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1099431 if Sandeep's ideas don't help... for Premiere Pro, but may help

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
              jgh Community Member

Hi Sandeep,

1.     Followed your instructions below but Premier Elements still will not load and I get the same error message.  I noticed I also have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) & (x64) listed but did not remove and replace them.   I have now noticed that my Caps and Numeric key lights do not work even though they still function properly when toggled and was wondering if the removal and readding of the 2008 and 2010 packages could have caused this.  Have not tried the additional info from John T. Smith that followed your first email and will hold off till I hear back from you.

2.     Thanks for any additional suggestions.

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
                Sandeep Singh Adobe Employee

Hi Jgh,

Thanks for reply,

Did you try to reinstall those C++ packages on the system ?

please try to download a dll file from

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4eWI-NGpmnuTUxPQVIxYThSNlE/edit?usp=sharing

The package contains the files msvcr100.dll and msvcr80.dll. Extract the package contents to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements [version]

Regards,

Sandeep

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
                  jgh Community Member

Sandeep,

That worked perfectly.  Thank you very much.  Now, all of a sudden, Photoshop Elements 12 will only load the trial version and I loaded the full version from same cd at the same time as Premier.  It was loading properly last week and I can’t think of anything I did to make it switch to the trial version.  Any ideas?

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
                    A.T. Romano Community Member

jgh

Have you resolved your Photoshop Elements 12 concerns since your December 12, 2013 post (5)? If not....

Are you saying that, if you get the Photoshop Elements 12 tryout dialog presented to you,

a. you cannot ignore the Continue Trial

and

b. then use the License this product field to insert your purchased serial number?

ATR

• 7. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
                      jgh Community Member

I did resolve the problem following the email suggestions from Sandeep Singh about adding msvcr100.dll and msvcr80.dll to the Premier Elements 12 location.  Thanks for your follow up also.

• 8. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
                        A.T. Romano Community Member

jgh

Thanks for reply.

I understood that Sandeep Singh helped you with the Premiere Elements issue of the 0xe000007b error, but what about the Photoshop Elements problem that you asked about when you wrote the following?

Now, all of a sudden, Photoshop Elements 12 will only load the trial version and I loaded the full version from same cd at the same time as Premier.

That is why I wrote to ask the following, asking

Have you resolved your Photoshop Elements 12 concerns since your December 12, 2013 post (5)? If not....

Are you saying that, if you get the Photoshop Elements 12 tryout dialog presented to you,

a. you cannot ignore the Continue Trial

and

b. then use the License this product field to insert your purchased serial number?

If the Photoshop Elements 12 matter is resolved, how did you do that?

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premier Elements 12 will not open: error message 0xe000007b
                          jgh Community Member

I recall having done just what you have suggested here, to put the license serial numbers in the Elements  trial area, and it worked fine after that.  Never understood why it worked fine for a few days since I recall entering the serial numbers during the initial startup and then suddenly jumped to the trial version.   Thanks again.