Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

USB Debugging Android OS 4.2.x or Above Failing

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2013 Dec 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I starting to get more and more devices that both don't come with a USB driver (relying on MTP) and fail to authorize themselves with Windows. Not all 4.2 devices do this however, I'm noticing Samsung is pretty special in this way.

I have the latest Android SDK, the default google USB driver as well. 'adb devices' continuously shows devices as 'unauthorized'. I've read people do simple things like unplug/replug, uncheck/recheck USB debugging, restart the device and all possible combinations of those things in any order. My older devices dutifully ask me upon connection or USB Debugging enablement if the PC I connected it to is allowed and once I click OK the device is authorized (like my 4.1.2 Samsung Galaxy S3). This screen NEVER comes up on newer devices, never offering a way to authorize the device.

Android devices that work

• Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.1.2)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (4.1.2)
  • ASUS Transformer 10.1" (4.0.3)
  • ASUS Transformer Infinity 10" (4.2.1)
  • Lenovo IdeaTab 7" (4.0)
  • ASUS MeMO SmartPad 10.1" (4.1)
  • Sony Xperia Tablet Z 10" (4.2.2)

Devices that refuse to authorize:

• Samsung Galaxy S4 (4.3)
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (4.3)
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0" (4.2.2)

The obvious trend here is, Samsung and anything over 4.2 doesn't seem to work (allow authorization). I can find nothing but Kies software with a "reinstall USB driver" option which I've installed and tried but these devices merely are visible in windows, allow file transfers with no issues, show up in 'adb devices' as 'unauthorized' and in Flash Builder 4.7 they show up as their serial numbers, 'online' and AIR is not installed, with no OS version.

Has anyone had any luck with a late Samsung device and USB debugging, or getting the devices to authorize with the OS? As much as I've narrowed it (which doesn't help) is OS 4.2 and up now ask for a RSA fingerprint for authorization from Windows whereas 4.1 and below do not. Somehow only the older Galaxy Tab and Sony are getting this. I guess Samsung is just having an issue (with Win7 Pro 64bit).

Any native developers know how to force a device to authorize?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while back ago I had the same issue with my ToshibaThrive (Android 3.1)

The only way I could get it to accept connection from FlashBuilder/Flash was by downloading a special driver I found here:

http://www.thriveforums.org/forum/toshiba-thrive-development/4466-drivers-usb-adb-driver-installatio...

Only then I was able to publish directly to the tablet when testing.

Maybe such a thing exists on the Samsung Userforums, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Therein lies the problem. Nothing but Kies is being offered which has the 'update USB driver' option, which unfortunately does nothing.

I'd never install any unofficial (xda root, etc) drivers just to get it to work. I'll check if their staff posted a special version in their forums but I doubt they'd leave it off the site. Here's to hoping though. Oddly I can 'run' the app over USB, just not do what's useful, debug..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that before and I remember having to update some files in Flash Builder from files on Google sdk... But I can't remember which files! 😞

Will try to google if I get time. However, it _is_ fixable.

There is a change in Android security that requires some additional info, that's all. Swapping out an exe was all I had to do to get it working.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adb, the two .dll files in the same folder and aatp.exe, already did that :(. It used to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines