Today we're pleased to announce that the next version of Flash Player is available for immediate download. This update includes the following new features and improvements:
- Safe Mode in Safari 6.1 and higher
Safari 6.1 includes an updated version of Safari with Safe Mode, which implements new security restrictions on the operation of browser plug-ins. To the extent possible, we've adapted Flash Player to transparently handle these changes. A small number of behaviors will change in the context of Safe Mode and are explained in the Known Issues section below.
- Mac .pkg Installation Support
Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date in enterprise environments is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. We’re introducing a new .pkg installer format for our distribution partners to reduce their workload. Administrators can now deploy Flash Player for Mac using industry-standard management tools.
Notable Fixes and Enhancements:
-  [Win 8.1] - FileFilter instances are now correctly applied to FileReference.browse() and FileReferenceList.browse() in Internet Explorer 11
-  [Win 8.1] - Video Playback Controls are now displayed at the correct size on mlb.com
-  [Win 8.1] - [MSFT 199849] Resolves a problem where ExternalInterface.objectID was not set correctly when Flash Player was instantiated using only an tag.
-  [Win 8.1] - [MSFT 463497] Double-byte Characters can now be entered correctly in TextFields using Internet Explorer 11 in Modern Mode
-  [Win 8.x] - Resolves a printing issue when printing device text from Internet Explorer with Enhanced Protected Mode (EPM) enabled
-  [Win 8.1] - Resolves a 3D rendering issue when the device's Content Scale Factor is set to less than 1
-  [Chrome] - Resolves an issue where some 3D content would render only in the lower left corner of the screen on Windows
The following behaviors will be modified in Safari 6.1 and higher in Safe Mode:
- AIR Badge Installs - AIR Badge Installer will not launch an installer when running Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details and workarounds on an Adobe website.
- Adobe Connect Plug-In Install - The Connect Plug-In Express Install will no longer work on Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details on an Adobe website.
- Flash Player Global Settings - When a users launches the Global Settings menu from the Flash Player context menu on Safari 7 in Safe Mode, the user will be taken to the classic SWF-based preferences menu on an Adobe website, instead of the native Flash Player settings UI in the MacOS Control Panel.
- LocalConnection - When a LocalConnection is constructed from a SWF hosted in Safe Mode, it may only establish a connection with other SWFs also hosted in Safe Mode. If a LocalConnection is constructed from a tab with Safe Mode disabled, it will not be able to communicate with a SWF in a Safe Mode tab.
For complete information please see our release notes.
Security update details can be found here: Security Bulletin (APSB13-28)
Current Flash Player desktop users that have enrolled in either the "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" or "Notify me to install updates" update options will receive an update notification dialog within 7 days from today (please note that Windows users will need to restart their system to receive the notification dialog.)
If you would like to install the update immediately, please use one of the links below:
Flash Player 11.9 desktop for Windows XP, Vista and 7: 11.9.900.170
Flash Player 11.9 for Windows 8.1 64-Bit and Internet Explorer: 11.9.900.170
Flash Player 11.9 for Windows 8.1 32-Bit and Internet Explorer: 11.9.900.170
Flash Player 11.9 for Windows 8.0 64-Bit and Internet Explorer: 11.9.900.170
Flash Player 11.9 for Windows 8.0 32-Bit and Internet Explorer: 11.9.900.170
Please note that both Flash Player for Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer for Windows 8 are updated using different mechanisms. Flash Player for Google Chrome updates will occur during regular Chrome updates. Flash Player updates for Internet Explorer on Windows 8 will be provided by Microsoft though the Windows automatic update feature.
Flash Player 11.9 desktop for Mac: 11.9.900.170
Flash Player 11.2 desktop for Linux: 126.96.36.1992
On July 9th, 2013 we changed the version of our "extended support release" from Flash Player 10.3 to Flash Player 11.7 for Mac and Windows. To continue to stay current with all available security updates you will need to install the 11.7 extended support release or update to the most recent available release (11.9, etc.). For full details, please see this blog post:
Flash Player 11.7 desktop for Windows, Macintosh and Linux: 11.7.700.257
Previous versions of Flash Player can be found on the Archived Flash Player page
If you encounter a problems with broken or missing links, please clear your browser cache and try again. If the problem persists, please create a new post in our forum or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.