12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 2:08 PM by masterloggie

PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000

masterloggie

Windows 8.1 recognizes the camera attasched via Firewire, but PE 11 does not recognize it.   Menu setting on camera is automatic and iLink out.

• 1. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you able to capture using HDV Split?

• 2. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
            masterloggie Level 1

It is crazy..... I plug the camera in the firewire, turn the camera on and PE11 opens, but does not recognize the camera.

What is HDV split?  I do not see that as an option for capturing HDV video.

• 4. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
              masterloggie Level 1

Loaded HDV Split and it does not recognize the camera.  However as I stated before.... Win 8.1 recognizes the camera and PE 11 automatically opens when I plug the firewire in and turn the camera on.  Still does not recognize any camera in the import drop down.  Do I need to uninstall and re-install PE11?

• 5. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000

If HDV Split doesn't recognize it either, you have an issue.

This is a fix that used to work with Windows 7. It's worth a try.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/869277?tstart=0

• 6. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

masterloggie

Please disregard if asked before. What are you or the project setting as the Premiere Elements project preset for the HDV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements Capture Window?

Have you checked the integrity of the connect between the iLink of the camera and the firewire port of the computer as well as the firewire cable?

ATR

• 7. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
                    masterloggie Level 1

Steve,

Tried the Win 7 solutions, but no other driver shows up ... therefore I can not select "Legacy" or any other driver.  Best driver is installed per script.

GAT,

Yes I have HDV set as my preference. The computer recognizes the cameara as a Sony HDR FX1000 which means the firewire works.  PE11 does not recognize the camera.

• 8. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
                      masterloggie Level 1

I uninstalled PE11 and reinstalled.  Project settings are for HDV , iLink off and HDV output from camera selected. Now the camera is recognized and importing as MPEG2, but no true preview window pain is seen. Says playing on video hardware,  Can see the video being recorded on the camera video display screen.  Hope it has logic to stop recordong at the end of the time line on the amd not have tobaby sit.

Thanks for everyones input nad Ihave a 90% solution, but can not see in program video video the actual recording, but can see ir from the camera display LCD.

Once again thanks.  Hope someone does a through process ened to run for al the settings and quirks to make it work. 

Just for grins, what does PE12 bring to the table in quality of DVD bluray disc?

Thans again fr the support, but in my case it was a uninstal and start all over, but them,quirkmis not being able to see tht real time MPEG2 conversion from the HDV cxamera format.

• 9. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000

If you capture using HDV Split, you will be able to view the video while you're capturing it -- and the captured video will be 100% compatible with Premiere Elements.

• 10. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

masterloggie

Congratulations on your progress.

As for your question about "quality of DVD bluray disc", I assume that you are referring to burning your Timeline content to an AVCHD format on a DVD disc. The results are quite good. Two of the major considerations are

disc capacity

and

finding a player for the AVCHD DVD...DVD players will not play it. Blu-ray players (some do, some do not) play it. Computer players for it are usually contributed by software that came with the Blu-ray burner.

As far as I have ever heard, there is no preview for HDV data capture firewire into Premiere Elements Capture Window.

ATR

• 11. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
                            masterloggie Level 1

Steve,

I ran into this problem with PE10.  No picture.. just says in  different languages playing on video hardware.  I see the video on my Camera LCD as it is playing and being recorded by PE11.

ATR,

I have made AVCHD disc before, but this time I will try to make Blu-ray.   My Oppo BRP 103 will play all the formats I have put in it thus far.  Want to see if real Blu-Ray quality is there when burned to that format.  I have Blu-Ray blank disks to try this with.

Ron

• 12. Re: PE 11 does not recognize Sony HDR FX1000
                              masterloggie Level 1

Continuing saga on quality of rendered project when burning to Blu-ray.

When I play back my video through my 65inch HD TV being fed directly from the Sony HDR FX-1000 the video looks HD quality.  I import the files inot my project from the camera as HDV 1080i 29fps (as recorded) frame size 1440 x1080, HD Anamorphic (1.333)

Field Order--- Upper Field First followed by Reverse Field Dominance.  PE 11 then codecs and saves the files to MPEG2.   When I finish editing.... I select Blu-ray and then burn the disc.  The quality is less than than the playback of the raw footage on HD TV.  Seems to loose quality from the raw tape footage.   If you really want to say poor quality.... try to burn that saved peoject as a regular DVD,,,, I did that for a relative because they did not have a Blu-ray DVD player.

My computer has no problems rendering.

Intel DP55KG MOBO

Intel i7 CPU 860@2.8Ghz

16 GB RAM

Win 8.1 64 bit

Additional question.... what would be the best settings to make a Blu-ray quality slide show using a Nikon D800 Raw files?

Thanks,

Ron