8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2013 7:22 PM by TPix

Publishing on a blu ray

TPix

I am trying to publish a movie on a blu ray.  When I select one of the options h.264, myt blu ray player indicates "disc error" and I can't play my movie. 

I have tried saving the movie first in mpeg on my computer.  I then wrote it on a blu ray disc.  It then played with my blu ray reader.  However, I lost the menu I had created with Premiere.

Any insights on what to do?

• 1. Re: Publishing on a blu ray
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TPix

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Premiere Elements does not offer menus with export to file saved to the computer hard drive.

Menus are available for burn to disc DVD and Blu-ray. As an aside, there is a feature called webDVD which is essentially a flash file that does allow for menus.

To obtain Blu-ray disc format (with menus) on a Blu-ray disc you need to

a. import your media (correct project preset)

b. edit, place your menu markers

c. go to the Disc Menu/Movie Menu section to create your menus

d. go to Share/Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray to burn your Timeline content to Blu-ray disc

Remember that stop markers placed on the Timeline will not function in the playback of the Premiere Elements (any version) Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

Also, you could take a Premiere Elements export to file (without menus of course) saved to hard drive and use a 3rd party software to create menus and burn to.

Please review and then let us know if you need clarification on anything written.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Publishing on a blu ray
            TPix Level 1

Thank you for your answer.  I have Premiere 11 and I use Mac OS X Mountain Lion.  When publishing my movie directly from Premiere to a blu ray, I do follow the steps that you wrote.  I however only find four possibilities, each beginning with h.264.  This format does not seem compatible with my blu ray reader.  Is there a way to publish a film on a blu ray disc, with Premiere, and in an mpeg HD format?

• 3. Re: Publishing on a blu ray
              A.T. Romano Level 7

TPix

What is your Blu-ray reader? Is it a standalone Blu-ray player or some Mac built in device?

If you burn to Blu-ray disc in Premiere Elements, you should be getting the Blu-ray structure on that disc which should be playable on your Blu-ray player. In what way is the playback of the Blu-ray disc not compatible with your Blu-ray player?

Some have sort to export a file, transfer it to a USB Flash Drive or Memory Card and insert that into Blu-ray player that support that sort of thing. But, double check the specifications of your player.

For that you could explore...

Publish+Share

Computer

MPEG

with Presets = MPEG2 1920 x 1080i30, that would be classed a MPEG2 Blu-ray

Please review what you have been doing, check out the above, and then we can move forward depending on your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Publishing on a blu ray
                TPix Level 1

My blu ray reader is LG 390C. 

When I published my movie on my computer first, I chose MPEG, then HDTV 1080p 25.  I then wrote the movie on a blu ray disc using Toast 11 Titanium.  I was then able to view my movie on my HD TV through my LG bku ray reader.  The result was excellent, but my disappointment came from the fact that Titanium does not make menus as nice as those in Premiere. 

• 5. Re: Publishing on a blu ray
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

TPix

When you are doing your movie with the MPEG/HDTV 1080p25, what are you putting on the Blu-ray disc with Toast 11 Titanium...

a. Blu-ray Disc Format whose end product is characterized by the BDMV Folder and the Certificate Folder

or

b. Data Disk, with the 1920 x 1080 @ 25 progressive frames on the Blu-ray disc as a MPEG2.mpg file?

You should be getting excellent results with Premiere Elements with

a. project preset to match the properties of your source

b. burn to Blu-ray disc with preset = H.264 1920 x 1080 PAL Dolby

Is that what you tried and got not so good results?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Publishing on a blu ray
                    TPix Level 1

Thank you for your answers.

When I make the movie with the MPEG/hdtv 1080p25 and put it on BD disc with Toast Titanium, I get a Blu Ray disc with a BDMV Folder and a certificate folder. That works on my blu ray reader.

I have tried to burn the blu ray again through Premiere Elements.  I used H.264 1920X1980 PAL DOLBY.  Once again, my blu ray reader posted a Disc Error message.

• 7. Re: Publishing on a blu ray
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

TPix

Interesting results. Same Blu-ray discs in each case?

With the Premiere Elements burn to, your output is 1920 x 1080 @ 25 interlaced frames per second. Dolby Digital Stereo.

What is your Toast Titanium Blu-ray burn to preset? Is it giving you 1920 x 1080 @ 25 interlaced frames per second or something else. Is it somehow allowing for custom settings for the burn to Blu-ray?

If we could identify a difference in the presets between the two methods and check out the Blu-ray player specs, we could get at the core of the player matter?

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: Publishing on a blu ray
                        TPix Level 1

Thanks again for helping me.  The output Titanium gives me is :

MPEG-4AVC, 8.0 Mbps (16.o Mbps max) Dolby Digital 192 kbps