2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2013 7:38 PM by TED

latest Flash Player not working since loading it

TED

My husband is a surfer, and until Dec. 3 was able to view live streaming surf contests online.   After getting the "must have latest Flash Player" message from every video/live stream he/we try to watch, and downloading Flash Player 11 three times (once with the help of a Symantec tech)and we still get the "must have latest Flash Player" message, dear husband has not been able to watch the Pipeline Masters now going on in Hawaii...NOT a happy camper.   Is Flash Player 11 not compatible with IE8?    How can we get videos running again?   I don't want Chrome, so please don't send me there.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: latest Flash Player not working since loading it
          Mike M Level 6

Flash Player 11.9.900.170 requires:

• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
          • Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
          • Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
          • 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory

I agree with your sentiment about Chrome. I use it on test machines only. I won't have it on my everyday computer(s). There are other browsers that work better:
          Firefox (from Mozilla)

Safari (from Apple)

Opera

Those use the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers)

I personally use and recommend Firefox. It's faster, safer, and it can import ALL your IE settings (history, bookmarks, login info and passwords) when you install it, so you lose nothing. Plus... they're free.

• 2. Re: latest Flash Player not working since loading it
            TED Level 1

Thanks, Mike.  My husband buggered up the computer today trying to install the other program YouTube recommended in lieu of Flash (HTML ?).   He didn't like what it was doing and tried to delete it, rather than uninstall...must have accidentally deleted something important, because we can't connect to the Internet now.  Off to the computer doctor in the a.m.

Terri