Ah yes ... that's worth a try.
Perhaps not in the middle of my edit though, as I don't want to loose all my workflow settings and preferences.
I'll report back ASAP.
Okay ... I tried that, seing as there were a few other glitches that were annoying me ... and ... No joy.
Luckily I followed the advice in the link you included, so my prefs are easily retrieved.
I've been using an app called Isolator, and I turned this off – and everything appeared to be fine, so I thought I'd fixed it.
However, I did a Find / Replace again, and the problem is still there.
Reboot and turn off Isolator before you launch ID...
Try a new user account as a test. That will tell you if it's the user or something else.