• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security: How can I limit only my Flash media enconder IP to my FMS?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How, I have flash media sever 4.5 and I want to limit only my flash media enconder that can strem to my FMS.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Thanks.

Also you can do following to restric users as well.

follow section below from link https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3 . you have to login with yout credentials and

have to agree with terms and condition.

Adobe Media Server Authentication Add-in (optional)

Using this you will be able to restrict ams access by providing user level access to AMS.

hope this helps you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, even i have same question. please answer if some one knew this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i try this and it works!!!

You could also use the following tags present in Adaptor.xml at FMS/conf/_defaultRoot_ where you can specify which IP address you want to allow connecting to your FMS and which ones you want to block.

<!-- This tag specifies that clients can only connect to the server from -->

<!-- the specified hosts. This is specified as a comma delimited list of -->

<!-- hostnames or domain names and/or (full or partial) IP addresses.    -->

<!-- For example:                                                        -->

<!-- "foo.yourcompany.com, macromedia.com, 10.60.1.133, 10.60"           -->

<Allow>HERE I PUT MY IPS OF FME</Allow>

<!-- This tag specifies that clients attempting to connect to the server -->

<!-- from the specified hosts will be rejected. This is specified as a   -->

<!-- comma  delimited list of hostnames or domain names and/or (full or  -->

<!-- partial) IP addresses. For example,                                 -->

<!-- "foo.yourcompany.com, macromedia.com, 10.60.1.133, 10.60"           -->

<Deny></Deny>

<!-- Specifies the order in which to evaluate the <Allow> and <Deny>     -->

<!-- tags. This can be "Allow,Deny" or "Deny,Allow". The default is      -->

<!-- "Deny,Allow" which means that access is allowed unless specified in -->

<!-- <Deny> and not specified in <Allow>.                                -->

<Order>Allow,Deny</Order>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2013 Dec 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Also you can do following to restric users as well.

follow section below from link https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3 . you have to login with yout credentials and

have to agree with terms and condition.

Adobe Media Server Authentication Add-in (optional)

Using this you will be able to restrict ams access by providing user level access to AMS.

hope this helps you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!! That works great!

Here are my step so another user can use this:

These are the steps you need to follow :

1. Download the Add-in from here : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3

www.adobe.com/go/learn_fms_authaddin_en.

2. Run the installer on the machine where FMS is installed. For windows run the msi. For linux untar the file and run the installSAA script.

3. The add-in installs the Server Access Adapter (under root_install/modules/access) and the Flash Media Encoder User Management utility (under root_install/conf).

4. Navigate to root_install/conf in the command prompt and run the following to add new user :

users add -u <username> -p <password>

5. Restart FMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2016 May 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it should be:

./users add -u <username> -p <password>

example:

cd /opt/adobe/fms/conf

./users add -u userme -p 1234567oi

result:

Operation Successful:  New user entry added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how can I put user and password in the rtmp url or something to avoid input user and password everytime I connect?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines