5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2013 10:08 AM by Espectador RSS

Security: How can I limit only my Flash media enconder IP to my FMS?

Espectador Community Member

How, I have flash media sever 4.5 and I want to limit only my flash media enconder that can strem to my FMS.

How can I do this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Security: How can I limit only my Flash media enconder IP to my FMS?
          sjtech Community Member

Yeah, even i have same question. please answer if some one knew this.

• 2. Re: Security: How can I limit only my Flash media enconder IP to my FMS?

i try this and it works!!!

You could also use the following tags present in Adaptor.xml at FMS/conf/_defaultRoot_ where you can specify which IP address you want to allow connecting to your FMS and which ones you want to block.

<!-- This tag specifies that clients can only connect to the server from -->

<!-- the specified hosts. This is specified as a comma delimited list of -->

<!-- hostnames or domain names and/or (full or partial) IP addresses.    -->

<!-- For example:                                                        -->

<!-- "foo.yourcompany.com, macromedia.com, 10.60.1.133, 10.60"           -->

<Allow>HERE I PUT MY IPS OF FME</Allow>

<!-- This tag specifies that clients attempting to connect to the server -->

<!-- from the specified hosts will be rejected. This is specified as a   -->

<!-- comma  delimited list of hostnames or domain names and/or (full or  -->

<!-- partial) IP addresses. For example,                                 -->

<!-- "foo.yourcompany.com, macromedia.com, 10.60.1.133, 10.60"           -->

<Deny></Deny>

<!-- Specifies the order in which to evaluate the <Allow> and <Deny>     -->

<!-- tags. This can be "Allow,Deny" or "Deny,Allow". The default is      -->

<!-- "Deny,Allow" which means that access is allowed unless specified in -->

<!-- <Deny> and not specified in <Allow>.                                -->

<Order>Allow,Deny</Order>

• 3. Re: Security: How can I limit only my Flash media enconder IP to my FMS?
              sjtech Community Member

Thanks.

Also you can do following to restric users as well.

follow section below from link https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3 . you have to login with yout credentials and

have to agree with terms and condition.

Adobe Media Server Authentication Add-in (optional)

Using this you will be able to restrict ams access by providing user level access to AMS.

hope this helps you!!

• 4. Re: Security: How can I limit only my Flash media enconder IP to my FMS?

Yes!! That works great!

Here are my step so another user can use this:

These are the steps you need to follow :

1. Download the Add-in from here : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3

www.adobe.com/go/learn_fms_authaddin_en.

2. Run the installer on the machine where FMS is installed. For windows run the msi. For linux untar the file and run the installSAA script.

3. The add-in installs the Server Access Adapter (under root_install/modules/access) and the Flash Media Encoder User Management utility (under root_install/conf).

4. Navigate to root_install/conf in the command prompt and run the following to add new user :

users add -u <username> -p <password>

5. Restart FMS.

• 5. Re: Security: How can I limit only my Flash media enconder IP to my FMS?

Can you tell me how can I put user and password in the rtmp url or something to avoid input user and password everytime I connect?

Thanks