1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2007 2:05 PM by Newsgroup_User

creating a data sources

HandersonVA
      MS SQL server 2005 developer edition and coldfusion 8 are running on Windows XP version.
      I created "TESTDB" as database name on SQL server and tries to setup the connection on ColdFusion 8 admin page, but I have an error as below:
      (I input "TESTDB" as CF Data Source Name and Database field and "localhost" as a server)

Connection verification failed for data source: TESTDB
      java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: localhost:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect
      The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: localhost:1433. Reason: Connection refused: connect.

Anyone can help me on this trouble? thanks
        • 1. Re: creating a data sources
          Level 7
          If I remember correctly by default the developer edition doesn't allow
          TCP/IP connections. You have to "turn it on" manually.

--
          Bryan Ashcraft (remove BRAIN to reply)
          Web Application Developer
          Wright Medical Technology, Inc.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Macromedia Certified Dreamweaver Developer
          Adobe Community Expert (DW) :: http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

"HandersonVA" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fjp91o$kp6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > MS SQL server 2005 developer edition and coldfusion 8 are running on
          > Windows XP
          > version.
          > I created "TESTDB" as database name on SQL server and tries to setup the
          > connection on ColdFusion 8 admin page, but I have an error as below:
          > (I input "TESTDB" as CF Data Source Name and Database field and
          > "localhost" as
          > a server)
          >
          > Connection verification failed for data source: TESTDB
          > java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error
          > establishing
          > socket to host and port: localhost:1433. Reason: Connection refused:
          > connect
          > The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SQLServer
          > JDBC
          > Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: localhost:1433. Reason:
          > Connection refused: connect.
          >
          > Anyone can help me on this trouble? thanks
          >
          >