4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 11:02 AM by Josh_Corey

collecting payments

pwp farm

when one is collecting payment using the form... can he just collect data?  e.g..giving the customer the option of paying by paypal or us sending them an invoice with out creating separate forms?

• 1. Re: collecting payments
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

You could do this using Show/Hide logic (skip logic).  Please see this post which describes a bit about how to set it up: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4399918#4399918

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: collecting payments
            pwp farm Level 1

Thanks

It does a bit...still confused on how you set up/hide and direct???

"For the items the person is buying make 2 sets of fields that are identical.

Setup show/hide rules on each set of fields - the first set will show if PayPal is selected and the second set will show if check via mail is selected."

Thanks for any help.

Can you just save the same form(two forms w/o re-creating it) using either cash or paypal ...it may be easier on me to direct them off the website this way

• 3. Re: collecting payments

After creating the fields that would charge money and duplicating those fields select one group of payment related fields and the "Properties" panel on the right will apply to all selected fields:

Field properties for group.PNG

Click "Show/Hide Item" to bring up the skip logic rules dialog.  It will default to "multiple fields" in the "Show" option and then you can click "Add Condition" to define which answer should expose those fields:

Show hide for payment.PNG

Repeat the step above for the other group of payment related fields and choose the other payment method option from the field you used to allow the users to choose the type (in the case of my demonstration I had a single selection with "Check" and "Paypal" choices).

You still need to connect the correct fields to Paypal on the "Collect Payments" tab so that the ones you show only when Paypal is selected are connected to Paypal.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: collecting payments

I just noticed your question "Can you just save the same form(two forms w/o re-creating it) using either cash or paypal ...it may be easier on me to direct them off the website this way", certainly, you could create the form in FormsCentral and not setup Paypal, then "Duplicate" the form from the "My Forms" tab and then rename the duplicate form noting it will be the Paypal enabled version, open the paypal version and set up the Payment fields in the Paypal integration tab.  You could then offer both URLs on your site and users could simply start with the right payment type form.

Thanks,

Josh