• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I go back to older FP: I keep getting message: "This isn't most up to date FP"

Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Flash Player to 11.9, it keeps crashing my browser.  I use IE8, Chrome and Firefox.  They are all kept up to date.  I don't want to update IE8 to IE9 or beyond, as I've had issues with later versions. 

I've tried following all the adobe step by step guides for uninstalling 11.9 and installing older versions of Flash Player. 

I just get a message that says:

"The installation encountered errors:  The version of Adobe Flash Player that you are trying to install is not the most current version.  Please visit the Player Download Center to obtain the latest, most secure version."

It has a Quit button but nothing else that would allow me to proceed beyond that.  I've tried 11.7 and 11.8.  Neither one will give me an option to install them even though I don't want to install the most up to date version. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll find all available "older versions" here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Use the uninstaller to uninstall what you have and DO NOT check "automatically update" when you install the replacement version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I already did all of that.  It didn't work.  I have downloaded files and unzipped them and all I get is the error message.  It won't let me install the archived versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Run the uninstaller linked in my post

2. Go to: C/Windows/System32 and delete the Macromed folder.

3. Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64 and delete the Macromed folder.

4. Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key+R and type "regedit", then click OK)/

5. in the Editor, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and delete the Macromedia folder.

6. Go to : HKEY_CURRENT USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder.

THAT will remove ANY traces of Flash Player on your system.

Set your system date and time back to November 10, 2012.

THEN run the 11.7 installer and afterward reset your date back to today.

Co to Control Panel>System and Security>Flash Player(32bit)>Advanced and check "Never check for updates (not recommended)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike M, Thank you very much for all of your help and patience.  I really appreciate your efforts.

I followed all of your steps.  However I still get the aforementioned error message.  It just does not want me to install anything but 11.9.

There comes a point in fighting with computers that I call it quits.  No more time or patience for it.

Chrome and firefox are working ok.  Flash Player crashes IE with certain programs but not all.  I can manage until the next bug fix.  I'll just have to live with it until then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines