You'll find all available "older versions" here: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html
Use the uninstaller to uninstall what you have and DO NOT check "automatically update" when you install the replacement version.
Thank you but I already did all of that. It didn't work. I have downloaded files and unzipped them and all I get is the error message. It won't let me install the archived versions.
1 person found this helpful
1. Run the uninstaller linked in my post
2. Go to: C/Windows/System32 and delete the Macromed folder.
3. Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64 and delete the Macromed folder.
4. Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key+R and type "regedit", then click OK)/
5. in the Editor, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and delete the Macromedia folder.
6. Go to : HKEY_CURRENT USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder.
THAT will remove ANY traces of Flash Player on your system.
Set your system date and time back to November 10, 2012.
THEN run the 11.7 installer and afterward reset your date back to today.
Co to Control Panel>System and Security>Flash Player(32bit)>Advanced and check "Never check for updates (not recommended)"
Mike M, Thank you very much for all of your help and patience. I really appreciate your efforts.
I followed all of your steps. However I still get the aforementioned error message. It just does not want me to install anything but 11.9.
There comes a point in fighting with computers that I call it quits. No more time or patience for it.
Chrome and firefox are working ok. Flash Player crashes IE with certain programs but not all. I can manage until the next bug fix. I'll just have to live with it until then.