6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 8:15 PM by Josh_Corey

US dollars vs AUSI dollars

Balfourhouse

i just had my first payment through your forms

my customer wanted to pay $150

BUT

she had $171.63 taken from her account because it got converted as US dollars.

How did this happen

HELP

she was very unhappy

Claire

• 1. Re: US dollars vs AUSI dollars
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi Claire;

I don't know much about how FormsCenral is charged for countries outside the US but I forwarded your post to the Support team that handles this type of issue.  I or someone else will get back to you shortly.

Is the email address you use for the FormsCentral account the same you used to sign into this Forum?

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: US dollars vs AUSI dollars

I see now that I mis-read your post and that it is related to a Paypal payment you recieved from one of your customers.  I am forwarding to someone who knows more about this.  Again, someone will get back to you.

Thanks,

Josh

• 3. Re: US dollars vs AUSI dollars

Hi;

Now that I think I understand this case better I'll try to explain.

First, FormsCentral does not charge anything for these Paypal transactions or have anything to do with any fees involved, if there are fees by the buyer/sellers bank or Paypal that is between you, the customer and the bank. 

In this case it appears you are charging $150 USD in your form.  The buyer was paying in AUS - so the currency has to be converted from $150 USD to AUS which at todays exchange rates comes to $168.06  On top of the conversion there may also be fees associated with that conversion per Paypals web site, it sounds like there may have been a fee of about $3 (give or take for varaiation in exchange rates).

So it appears to me that this transaction was as expected and that anytime a customer purchases from another currency it has to be converted, they would not all pay $150, they would pay the local equivelent of $150 USD on that day plus any related fees from bank/Paypal.

If I still did not understand this correctly please let me know.

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: US dollars vs AUSI dollars
                Balfourhouse Level 1

Thank you Josh

Yes, I agree that is how it appears to be.

Can you advise me how to charge in AUST$ on my form?

I have checked my Pay pal account and nominated Aust$ as my primary currency. Is this enough or is there something I need to do in my Forms central details.

Thank you for your attention and help

Claire

• 5. Re: US dollars vs AUSI dollars
                  Balfourhouse Level 1

Hello Josh,

My problem is I do not know how to turn off the US dollars and turn on Aust dollars.

I need Aust $ on my forms or the whole point of using Form central is defeated.

Please advise

- feeling a bit desperate!

Claire

• 6. Re: US dollars vs AUSI dollars

Hi;

On the Options tab of the form is a sub-tab for Language and Formatting where you can define language of the form and how things like dates, and currency are formatted.  There you choose the currency you want reflected in your form, if you choose "AUD" there then the price you put in the form should be the same as when the user checks out in Paypal if they are paying in Australian dollars.

Screenshot (17).png

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful