13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 7:53 PM by A.T. Romano

adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window

sonybetamax

I have photoshop 11 and it works fine just in premire elements it seems to be a display issie I just doesn;t refresh very well I do have 4gb of ram and it is a current computer about 2 years or so. I program works fine but very hard to use when you can't move the window

• 1. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

1st, More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

2nd, What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

-If Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

• 2. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
            sonybetamax Level 1

Thanks for the reply I did update (its a nvidia card) and still the same also it did the same thing on the onboard video card too , my computer is a HP

Photo shop though work fine

• 3. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
              A.T. Romano Level 7

sonybetamax

Here is my observation on your concern....

No video card or video card driver troubleshooting to pursue here. It is what it is.

And, there is that difference between Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11 with regard to the computer's "Cascade Windows" opportunity.

If you want a "Cascade Windows" effect in Premiere Elements 11, please look at

1. Click on the icon between the - and x at the top right of the Expert workspace Window.

2. With the mouse cursor, go to the bottom right edge of the Windows and when you see the diagonal double sided arrow at the mouse cursor tip, click and drag upward diagonally.

Please review.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                sonybetamax Level 1

No It still cascades because I think the window is not refeshing its like it is remembering where the page was because each page is like a ghost image of where it was not where it really is much like looking in a mirror with a camera or a mirror on a mirror

• 5. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sonybetamax

Thanks for the follow up.

Based on this follow up, this does not sound like the basic cascading of Windows opportunity that I had envisioned.

Any chance you can post a screenshot of what you are seeing although I think I am seeing what you mean. But just to be sure.

This very well may be a video card and/or video card driver issue or even a resource issue. Is your computer Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit? What have you imported into the project and what is the project preset when this situation exists.

Is your issue one where "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before".

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                    sonybetamax Level 1

I can try to post a pic my computer is windows vista a 32 bit 4gb of ram and a hp I think it fast enough for this program

also I did try it on a other computer without a video card (shared video) and get the same problem

I do want to thank you for all your help and also it never did work on any computerIMG_0285.JPG

• 7. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

sonybetamax

Thanks for that screenshot. Definitely not the classical cascading of windows that I first thought you were describing.

The Windows Vista 32 bit could definitely be part of the problem. Premiere Elements 11 is a 64 bit application when it is run on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit and consequently can take advantage of the 64 bit system resources. With your Windows Vista 32 bit, Premiere Elements 11 is a 32 bit application in a 32 bit system with all the limitations of the 32 bit system, for example, maximum supported installed RAM = 4 GB of which typically 3 GB or less of that are available. How much available RAM and free hard drive space does that Windows Vista 32 bit have?

Another thought, do you have any High Contrast Windows Theme for your Windows Vista 32 bit?

How about us deleting the BadDrivers.txt file. I am not sure where is it going to be in Vista 32 bit, a Windows 7 type location or the 32 bit type location. Wherever it is, make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Window 7 64 bit type location

Local Disc C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Windows XP 32 bit type location

Local Disc C

Documents and Settings

All Users

Application Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete.

Please check out the above and then let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                        sonybetamax Level 1

I want to thank you for all your help but it it does seem like the only way I can get it to run is to upgrade windows to 64 bit which I checked and it says I can run windows 7 64bit on this computer

• 9. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

sonybetamax

You should be very pleased with the results from Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit. Version 11 will be a 64 bit application running in the 64 bit system and have the 64 bit resources available to it. "64 bit application" does not always translate into faster. It has more of a multitasking consideration. But you should find yourself getting those larger Premiere Elements projects taken to completion successfully more than before.

It will be interesting to learn if the change in computer operating systems remedies this situation. The way it presents is curious.

We will be watching for further developments.

Best wishes for success.

ATR

• 10. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                            sonybetamax Level 1

Well I am now running it on Windows 7 64bit and still the same problem with the cascading, right now I am at a loss why but I am really do want to find the answer, any more answers?

• 11. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Sonybetamax

Thanks for the follow up. Sorry the news is not better on the new computer operating system, Windows 7 64 bit?

Is this a new computer or same computer in which the operating system has been replaced?

What is the situation now? What video card do you now have?

What was your antivirus program before and now?

Did we determine that you are not running the computer with any Windows High Contrast theme?

ATR

• 12. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                                sonybetamax Level 1

I am running it in windows classic mode because I am used to where everything is and also the video card is up to date, the only thing that I can think of would be the montier itself due to that I notice that when I close it some the window it still on the screen and when I hit refresh it goes away so maybe the moniter is the problem, what to you think? although other programs work fine

• 13. Re: adobe premere elements 11 don't minamize I get cascading window
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sonybetamax

Are you working with a single or dual monitor setup? What type of connection is there between the monitor(s) and the computer? Is your monitor set for its native resolution? Did the monitor come with the computer or did you purchase that separately (not necessarily from the vendor who sold you the computer)?

We should try to rule in or out the monitor as a factor in that display abnormality.

What is your setting for Playback Quality (Automatic or Highest)?...See right clicking monitor and selecting Playback Quality.

More later.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR