3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 4:49 PM by JJMack

Photoshop Freezing/Actions disappearing

monicab28

Every time I try to access Deskstop by Open>Desktop, my CS6 freezes and I have to close it down with the task manager.  I spent almost 3 hours on the phone the other night with an Adobe tech and he could not help at all.   He told me to uninstall/re-install, which I did.  Same thing happened.  My actions also disappeared.  Can someone help??  I don't know what else to do and I NEED my PS to work! 

• 1. Re: Photoshop Freezing/Actions disappearing
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

CS6 which Version of CS6 Which OS and did you ever save you own actions or did you loose Adobe Actions? Do you have any system backups?

• 2. Re: Photoshop Freezing/Actions disappearing
            monicab28 Level 1

I'm not sure which version. How do I check?  I'm on Windows 8.  I have backups of my actions on a thumb drive.  The only actions that are showing are the default ones.  I've been running it fine since I got it and the laptop in March.  I re-installed all the actions, and they disappeared right after I had to close it with task manager and re-opened it.

• 3. Re: Photoshop Freezing/Actions disappearing
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Photoshop Help>About Photoshop will show version.  If you have your Action sets on a thumb drive drop those .ATN files onto Photoshop that should load them into your Actions Palette and when you exit Photoshop they will be saved into you Photoshop preferences. If you forced Photoshop termination with the task manager they may not have been written to your user ID preferences.  Load then again and the exit Photoshop so the get written into your user ID preferences files. Backup your Photoshop preferences folder once you get Photoshop set up the way you want it.