Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting watermark using RoboHelp 9

Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we insert watermark using Robohelp ? Iam using Techcom Suite 3.5 (RH ver 9)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but perhaps not in the way you would expect.

If you are creating an HTML output (HTML Help, WebHelp) you can set a

background image to the topic body. Find the image you want and assign

it to the BODY. You then have a watermark on every page that uses that

style sheet.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hopefully Willam won't mind my offering a teensy bit of clarification here. Note what he said about pages using that "style sheet".

To amplify that a bit, I'll spell it out because it's a wee bit on the tricksy side to locate exactly how to make the edit.

Look in your Project Manager pod to find your Style Sheet.

Double-click your style sheet to open it up in RoboHelp's Style Sheet editor.

Expand to the Other category, then click to select Background+Text(BODY)

Now in the lower left corner, click the Format button and choose Borders and Shading.

Then click the Shading tab

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks William and Rick. Your sugesstions were really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Your answer works like a charm for display in RoboHelp 9 program, but when I compile with WebHelp the "watermark" image does not display in the finished help screen. If I "Control-W" while in RoboHelp on that page the "watermark" displays, but it will not print with the topic. Am I doing something wrong on both of these issues?

Thanks,

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With print to the topic, do you mean printing from a website? That is default behaviour as browsers disable that by default. There is no way to force this from a web site, though some browsers allow users to select adding background images.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good workaround for this either. If a watermark is important for content review etc. I would opt for a secured PDF. A web page simply isn't secure.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks William. That's exactly what I meant - and I should have remembered that browsers, by default, don't print background images.

So, what am I doing wrong that the "watermark" won't display in my finished product when compiling with WebHelp? I see it fine in RoboHelp and if I press Control+W it displays fine - but after running the compiler I don't see it in the browser. Is there a step I'm missing?

Regards,

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Are you certain the CSS specified in the project is the same one as assigned in the output? Does the CSS perhaps get rewritten on creating an output? If you open the developer console (F12) and select the body element, is the background image applied according to the developer options?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In past versions of RoboHelp, there was a little bug whereby if a watermark image was only referenced by the CSS, RoboHelp failed to note and include it.

Who knows, perhaps that bug returned?

To overcome it, we would add the desired image as a Baggage File.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp