1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 9:08 AM by sinious

i am createding a digintal flipbook for my work, we have adobe cloud. needs to have controls, sound,

nathanrichey

i am createding a digintal flipbook for my work, we have adobe cloud. needs to have controls, sound, allow rss feeds, pdf download, print options, etc. what software works best to do this? are there plugins for flash that have these controls built in, where i just import my my pdf files?

• 1. Re: i am createding a digintal flipbook for my work, we have adobe cloud. needs to have controls, sound,
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

If you don't already know enough about Flash's capabilities to answer this then you might want to consider an alternate solution, although the level of customization will be limited. The publishing portion of the application family can easily produce ebooks:

http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-publishing-suite-family.html

That's about as drag and drop as you can get for your basic needs.

If you need deep customization at the same time then Flash is perfectly good at this kind of thing, but there is no "easy button" that will do it all for you. There are many flipbook creation services (similar to the digital publishing route), but since you want RSS feeds, controls, sound, etc you may find the result isn't as complicated as you need.

I'd suggest just using Flash, getting a page roll effect plugin and creating your book by hand, giving you the full coding power of Flash to perform all your tasks. Some of them, like basic page flipping, you can find project source code for (page clipping example).

1 person found this helpful