2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 7:54 PM by pwillener

Reinstalled Flash Players and I used The Google Chrome Too But Today Nothing Is Working Out , WHY ?

Dorey Level 1

Yesturday I reinstalled the Flash Players and went on my add ons and disabled everything . I reinstalled the Flash Players and it downloaded fine . Then I downloaded Google Chrome and it did work last night when I played a Youtube Video . Buttt Today it is not working at all and Youtube video screens are blank with that spinning icon in the middle . What is going on NOW ? It was working fine when I played Youtube through Google Chrome an now it is not . It is kind of frustrating when things failed and I am sure everyone else is probably having trouble shooting issues too as well as me , I would like to know why everyone is having problems and I agree with everyone when they say FLASH PLAYERS DO NOT WORK !!!!!

• 1. Re: Reinstalled Flash Players and I used The Google Chrome Too But Today Nothing Is Working Out , WHY ?
          Mike M Level 6

"FLASH PLAYERS DO NOT WORK !!!!! "

Begging to differ. I have the latest Flash player (11.9.900.170) installed on:

WindowsXP (SP3 64 bit),

Windows Vista Ultimate (SP2 64 bit),

Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1 64 bit),

Windows 8 (64 bit),

Windows 8.1 (64 bit),

OS 10.6.8 Server,

OS 10.7.5,

OS 10.8.5 and

OS 10.9

With the exception of IE11 on Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 (which I ONLY use for testing - it's NOT my primary browser) Flash Player has no problems at all with Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera in ANY of those systems. That's 36 browsers on 9 Operating Systems... 38 counting the 2 installs of IE the DO work.

Chrome uses its own proprietary build of Flash Player ("PepperFlash"),which is modified and embedded by Google just for Chrome use. It functions independently of the Flash Player plugin for other browsers, or the ActiveX plugin for IE.

You can't update it or download it here.

I'd recommend downloading (saving - NOT running) the following files:

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Close all browser windows and check your Task Manager to be sure the browser is not still running.

Run the uninstaller to remove all Flash Player plugins (it wont remove the one for Chrome).

Double check that it fully uninstalled.

Go to: C/Windows/System32

If there's a Macromed folder - DELETE IT.

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64

If there's a Macromed folder - DELETE IT.

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key+R and type "regedit" then click OK)

In the Editor, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE

If there's a Macromedia folder - DELETE IT.

Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software

If there's a Macromedia folder - DELETE IT.

Close the Registry Editor and run the Flash Player installers.

If, after that, it's still not working, you've either got a plugin or application installed that's causing a conflict.

• 2. Re: Reinstalled Flash Players and I used The Google Chrome Too But Today Nothing Is Working Out , WHY ?
            pwillener Level 8

Dorey wrote:

I would like to know why everyone is having problems

I have used Flash Player since version 6 on dozens of different systems, and I never ever had any problem.