3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2013 9:14 AM by Lilybiri

Sync layer out point with playhead

h.pictures

Hi all - first newbie question.  I'm trying to convert my animation skillset to Captivate layouts and desgin.  So far so good.  But I have a question I hope there is an good answer too.  I see you can set the layer inpoint to sync to the playhead with CMD - L , but is there a similar shortcut to cut the layer (set an outpoint) at the playhead position?  This would be really helpful to quickly set outs on multi text line layouts.  Thanks!  Bill

• 1. Re: Sync layer out point with playhead
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You are talking about the cptx, and it has not the same functionality as a video editor (I hear you talking about in and out points).

CTRL-L will align the start of the object timelines with the present playhead position. I have been asking multiple times to have also a CTRL-R to align the endpoint of an object timeline to the playhead position but that request was never 'heard'. Maybe you could try to add your voice to mine?

Lilybiri

• 2. Re: Sync layer out point with playhead
            h.pictures Level 1

Can do.  I'll look up the suggestion link.  I realize the purpose of this program is really the e-lerning guts - not the layout tools.  But this is an Adobe product - it's not like they don't know how to make a set of timeline tools useful!

I appreciate the response. 

Bill

• 3. Re: Sync layer out point with playhead
              Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I know, but it is developed by a totally different team in another location. You'll find other tools missing (that I'm craving for): rulers, and custom guides. The swatches panel is brand new (have been waiting for that as well since many versions) and can use some improvements. As you say: this is an elearning authoring tool, not a layout tool. And it has a video companion application (HD Video Demo) where you'll find in and out points in the video editor. But also limitations, it is not Premiere, nor After Effects.

Lilybiri