2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 12:11 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Contrast ratio, hue, saturation

image_anna

Is Photoshop capable of taking an image and calculating its depth of field, hue, contrast, saturation, and brightness?

• 1. Re: Contrast ratio, hue, saturation
          Curt Y Level 7

You can adjust those factors, but don't know if there is such a thing as a number that would measure the absolute value of any of them.  It is all relative.

• 2. Re: Contrast ratio, hue, saturation
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

I guess you can never say never with something like that, but some of it would take someone like Chris Cox. 

Overall brightness would be doable and quite easy.  Copy the BG layer, and apply a 1000 pixel Gaussian blur.  Repeat the blur (Ctrl f) until it is making no changes to the layer, and hover with the eye dropper while viewing the Info panel.  Move the eye dropper to make sure it is seeing the same value everywhere, and then do the math to work out a percentage brightness.

Contrast possibly using Caluclations and putting a copy of the BG layer in Threshold mode.  You'd need to decide on a datum and keep to it with the Threshold setting.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSCB346BE1-FE43-4cbb-8606-B26EFF1298A9a.htm l

Hue might be worked out using the brightness method above, but on copies of each channel, if you know what I mean.

Saturation...  I am none too sure about.

Depth of Field.  Now that would need a clever clever person unless I am missing a trick.