0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2013 12:20 PM by Babington.co

Why does my InDesign CS6-created interactive pdf w/ email submit button no longer submit from Reader

Babington.co Level 1

Last spring I created a 6 page interactive pdf form to email my clients. At the end of the form, I designed Print and Submit buttons. I tested it in Reader and both buttons worked. However, now after revising some of the fields in the same form, the Submit button isn't working in Reader. A message pops up stating that only a data file will be sent, rather than the form. After clicking OK on that (although I do want entire form to be returned via Submit), an error pop-up states "This operation is not permitted."

What do I need to do to correct this problem so that clients can receive this form via email attachment, open in Reader and then return completed form via email submission? Do I need to open the pdf in Acrobat after converting from InDesign, and edit some feature there? Again, it is essential that my clients can open it in Reader. I have Googled this question but so far not found help.

Thanks for your assistance!