• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design Time Control Shortcut Information Disappearing

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a visible Design Time Control Shortcut in RoboHelp X5. It calls up a video (.swf). I type the path into the field called "Program to run when shortcut is activated". I can save it and build the .chm file and the video link works. But when I close Robohelp and then open it back up, the path I typed in disappears and the link is broken. Why is this happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brook21679

You are linking to a .SWF. Your use of a control seems to indicate the .SWF will remain outside the .CHM, right? If so, you may need to script things using JavaScript to construct your path on the fly. I have a topic on my site that describes this. You may view it by clicking here.

Otherwise, I'd simply add the .SWF to my baggage files list and link from there.

Sincerely... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never worked with baggage files. Can you explain how to use them and link to them in more detail? Will this make my file very big? We will eventually have many, many videos and have had to take that into consideration when making these links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Brook21679

Basically it's as simple as expanding the Baggage Files pseudo folder in your Project Manager pane. Then choose to add the file.

When considering file size, it might be better to think of it this way. If you add to baggage, the files are inside the .CHM and while it will indeed increase in size, you will have the same space requirements whether the movies are inside the .CHM or left out. It's just that you have more files to distribute.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click here for an explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've had exactly this problem. I use a shortcut to open an external .htm file and everything works fine until I close, re-open, then re-generate the .chm.

I initially make my shortcut go to <C:/MyProgram/APP_DATA/Index.htm>, or even <../MyProgram/APP_DATA/Index.htm>, but then if I close the help project it turns into just <index.htm>.

I'd love to know a better way of dealing with this rather than re-entering the full path everytime I generate a new compiled help fiIe. Luckily this is the only external bookmark, otherwise that would be rediculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp