Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are adobe reader log files?

Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the log files for Adobe Reader?

When one of our clients opens a form off our liquid office server we receive an error.  If possible I would like to find a log file that might give some sort of clue as to why this is happening.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of Reader creating a log file of any kind. Adobe Distiller creates log files.

Have you tried looking at the Liquid Office server? Many servers create log files to help administrators track down problems, perform an incremental restore, etc. Also try contact Liquid Office with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though if it crashes (you don't say) the standard Windows crash log mechanism may apply. Rather outside our scope, and it requires both considerable technical skill and a lot of luck to get anything from a crash dump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll make an inquiry about that and if we have to contact liquid office at some point my guess is they may request that we do that if there is likely to be any useful information there.  It is likely going to be pretty difficult as we have lots of clients opening forms constantly throughout the day.

I did find adobearm log file and also adobereaerbroker log file in the temp files on my own.  So it does seem like reader logs some of it's activities.  I haven't examined them completely yet but a quick comparison between a working machine opening our problem form and the one the computer that doesn't open it properly seems to show no obvious differences.  They both seem to show problems with access denied and registry entries.  However one works and the other doesn't even with the same issues in the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to use Process Monitor from Microsoft.  It captures just about everything on the system including registry entries and errors accessing them.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Procmon.  Interestingly as I mentioned in the other thread the error doesn't come up if Procmon logging is running AND we are term'd in with our Netop software.  If I RDP in and use Procmon then we can get the error to come up.  If we are term'd in with Netop and not running Procmon the error comes up.

When we use the target cursor and drop it onto the error box all it does is show us that Adobe is what generated the error.  There is a staggering amount of events in the log even if we use filters to try and narrow it down.  On both the problem PC and working PCs.  A direct manual comparison is borderline impossible to try and find out what is going on based on those logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have missed it, but have you told us anything about the error? It's not impossible that it may be a well known issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More information regarding that specific issue in the other thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5927464#5927464

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines