2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2013 4:18 AM by Dustin07

mackbook can't drag and drop after working in indesign CC for a while.

Dustin07 Level 1

This has been going on for a while.  I am working in Indesign then all of the sudden all my drag and drop cappabilities are gone.  i have to restart my computer to fix the problem and being that the start up times for the cc software is outragous,  this sucks for my workflow.  I have seen Adobe techs say that there isn't a difference in the backend between 6 and cc for the whole suite but seeing is believing and I don't make things up.

• 1. Re: mackbook can't drag and drop after working in indesign CC for a while.
          Cari Jansen Adobe Community Professional

hi Dustin, maybe with a bit more info someone will be able to help with this:

• what Mac OS System version are you using?
          • what is it you are 'dragging and dropping'? : Is this drag and drop of text in InDesign? Or are you dragging and dropping from the Mac OS (e.g. a file from a folder) into InDesign?

If you are referring to drag and drop from OS into InDesign: I'm thinking this 'might' be a Mac OSX issue. If you look over at https://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa there seem to be plenty of issues with drag and drop across different OS versions.

Next time it stops working whilst you are in InDesign, does it still work in other programs? That is one way of determining if this is caused by InDesign or the operating system. If it is the OS, my guess is that it stops working in other applicaitons as well.

Hope this helps,

Cari

twitter: carijansen

facebook: carijansen.au

• 2. Re: mackbook can't drag and drop after working in indesign CC for a while.
            Dustin07 Level 1

it happens in the operating system. I am still on Lion. I am on the very last of the 17 inch mackbook pros.  I did a reinstal of the opporating system last night and I am hoping that this solves the problem.  It must have something to do with idesign triggering something in the opporating system because it only has happened when working in Indesign cc