• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PowerPoint Import Color Problem in v7

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a picture file of a white logo on our PowerPoint files. When we import the slides with this logo, the logo's color changes to black.  Does anyone know why or, more importantly, how to fix it?  We are using Captivate v7.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this logo transparency? Which image format did you use? Can you check the slide quality in Captivate, default is now Optimized and would be fine for images with transparency. But if the quality is set to low (8-bit) you could have this kind fo problems, and have to upgrade it to Optimized or High.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original image is .png, but I converted it into several different formats; gif, jpg, bmp.  All acted the same way.  The logo does have a transparent background. and slide quality is set at optimized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GIF has only 256 colors (8-bit), JPEG doesn't support transparency. What is your slide quality, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide quality is optimized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to insert the logo in Captivate itself, just to check? Since you have the image, would be much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet.  I don't have the logo, I need to get it from another.  So far have been copying it out of the presentation and doing a "save as".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know then it was a PNG, since you don't have the original image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because that's the format PowerPoint used as a default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import from PPT, have you tried using the "High Fidelity" option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i have been using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am also having this same issue. I always use High Fidelity and it has not helped. I have spent several hours trying to fix this and it's quite frustrating. This seems like a bug in Captivate. How can I report it as a bug?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Captivate 7?

Here is a link to the bug report form, although I don't think they'll bother about such an old version:

Adobe Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using Captivate 9 and still having quite a bit of trouble with this issue. I reported the bug and hope they fix it. In the meantime, we've found that deleting the offending icon and then copying/pasting in the icon again in the PPT slide - before you import it into Captivate - works reliably if you change the color of the icon to anything but white. Some white icons seem to randomly change to black when you preview or publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you post this in an old thread about Version 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because when I searched for the issue that we were having, this page came up and the problem is almost identical. It seems that it persists in version 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources