9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 3:26 PM by garymanilow

File to large to upload

garymanilow Level 1

Hey, I'm trying to upload a video that is about 616 MB and my limit on Vimeo is 500MB. I try to export it in two ways. The first is directly to the web. I go with the 1280x720 pixels (only option) at the 25 frames / sec. (lower option) and it won't export directlt. The other method is to export to my computer and then to the web. On that I use the FV4 HD 1080.

It seems like there are lower pixel levels you could use on the export to computer option. Think that could help.

The other question I have is about the project size itself. If I were do dig up bits of clips that are lying around but not actually visible or audible in the film, would that reduce the file size or is it mostly dependent on something I can't change, like the length of the film?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: File to large to upload
          A.T. Romano Level 7

garymanilow

Is there any way you would consider creating a 1920 x 1080 wmv file for the upload? That is more likely to offer an export with a smaller file size.

Any chance of increasing your Vimeo limit beyond 500 MB?

ATR

• 2. Re: File to large to upload
            garymanilow Level 1

I don't see wmv in any of the options. I exported a 720p version that was less than 400MB. How much of a downgrade will you notice in 720 as opposed to 1080? (haven't uploaded it to vimeo).

• 3. Re: File to large to upload
              nealeh Level 5

Well 720x480 is 0.346MP compared to 2.073MP of 1920x1080. So 1/6th the resolution.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 4. Re: File to large to upload
                A.T. Romano Level 7

garymanilow

From a Vimeo perspective, I would not expect a quality hit using the 720 as opposed to 1080.

I have seen that type of report in YouTube instances.

In Premiere Elements 11, check out Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media and its presets and export settings customization opportunities under the Advance Button/Video and Audio Tab of the preset. If you do not see Windows Media under the Publish+Share/Computer, then just scroll down further in the list that you do see. That vertical bar to the right of the choices is the scroll bar which is frequently overlooked....

Presets = 720 x 576 16x9 25 for PAL and 720 x 480 16x9 29.97 for NTSC

and

change the settings under Advanced Button Video Tab/Audio Tab.

If you decide to give that a look and need assistance with the settings, please let me know. This direction may get you the file size required as well as the 1080p?

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: File to large to upload
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Gary,

I don't see wmv in any of the options.

As ATR points out, if you do not see WMV in Publish+Share, you will need to scroll down - note: the scroll bar, to the right of that Panel, is not easy to see. Look to the far right of the Panel for it.

Good luck, and if you cannot find the scroll bar, just let us know.

Hunt

• 6. Re: File to large to upload
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

garymanilow

Just in case I was not clear enough in my mention of Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media, here is a screenshot for all to check out

Gary.jpg

When you scroll through the options under Publish+Share/Computer/, you should see in the following order

Adobe Flash Video

MPEG

AVCHD

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTIme

Audio

And, as I said, the default settings that you see in the screenshot can be customized under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab.

Hope that helps all in need of that type of information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: File to large to upload
                      garymanilow Level 1

Good news on all fronts. The 720p looks decent and I've found the WMV option. At the very least, I know I won't have to alter the film to put it online. Mission accomplished for today. Thanks guys!!

Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:13:24 -0800

To: kelvinsmythe@hotmail.com

Subject: File to large to upload

Re: File to large to upload

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

garymanilow

Just in case I was not clear enough in my mention of Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media, here is a screenshot for all to check out

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-5930250-522576/450-502/Gary.jp g

When you scroll through the options under Publish+Share/Computer/, you should see in the following order

Adobe Flash Video

MPEG

AVCHD

AVI

Windows Media

QuickTIme

Audio

And, as I said, the default settings that you see in the screenshot can be customized under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab.

Hope that helps all in need of that type of information.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5930250#5930250

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5930250#5930250

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5930250#5930250. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 8. Re: File to large to upload
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

garymanilow

Great double news.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

ATR

• 9. Re: File to large to upload
                          garymanilow Level 1

Confusion... the video is done and I've saved and posted to my F4V-720 format as well as the WMV 720x480 16x9 and both look compromised. I may have not been looking with enough scrutiny when I posted 3 weeks ago.....?