9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 6:23 PM by A.T. Romano

this is the worst experience ive had

terriblesoftware

I bpught retail box version of photoshop and premier....and told retailers i did not jave internet access...

Now im screwed....spent 5 hoirs figuring out how to activaye with my stupid effing phone( whicj im using now too...and why.my typing.is so bad) got to spenda couple hours trying to put together a video...and wjem i went to render...guess what ?.... go pnline to activaye another.component....only this time.   I cant do ot on mu phone....cause my phone doesnt support adobe flash....Im IRATE....Pradeep from customer service was terrible....nohelp at all....he didnt even pay aytn to what iJwas typing.... I am HATING ADOBE....THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE....AND I CANT EVEN TALK TO SOMEONE ON THE PHONE TILL MONDAY....A WHOLE WEEKEND WASTED !'!!!!'!!!!!!!!

• 1. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
          nealeh Level 5

You ought to be able to return it to the retailer for a full refund. The box clearly states 'Internet connection required for product activation' and if they told you different they have misrepresented the product. There's very little customer service can do in these cases as the way the product is designed an Internet connection is required.

If you want to persevere with PRE google Internet tethering'. This will lead to instructions on letting your computer use the Internet connection of your mobile phone.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 2. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
            A.T. Romano Level 7

TS

What version of Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements did you purchase, 12 or an earlier version?

I would suggest that you act on your software decision within 30 day and better immediately if just purchased.

My comment is an attempt to get you out of your immediate situation if you have a video that you want to export to file or to disc.

Your details seemed to suggest that the activation required was for Adobe Flash. Does that mean that you were trying for

Publish+Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video? If so, was there a specific need for that format in your export? If not, then try to use one of the other export choices, MPEG, AVI, AVCHD, Windows Media, QuickTime.

Of the givens for the program, latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements and running program as Run As Administrator or from User Account with Administrative Privileges.

Is your computer a laptop or desktop model? If laptop, any chance you can get to a local library where you might get online to activate the feature(s) required? That would get you through the weekend.

ATR

• 3. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
              nealeh Level 5

ATR, the way I read it was that the original poster (OP) was browsing the web on his phone, but that as the phone does not support flash certain web sites were not displaying. Hence my suggestion about Internet Tethering to allow PRE to access the 'net directly for component activation (it's usually mpeg I think).

We'll have to wait for clarification from the OP.

Incidentally, OP, if you go to Adobe.com support there is weekend support.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 4. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
                A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

I have never used Internet Tehering for any purpose. If you have first hand, then we will see if that works for the originator of this thread.

Right now, the quickest would be to find an opened Library with an Internet connection for the laptop (of laptop is involved).

Adobe Chat should be available and are great for program activation. But, for activation of a feature, I have my doubts.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

I have pre-selected serial number issues or activating my product. It was a toss up with Using My Product and Service.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 5. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
                  nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

Internet Tehering

Essentially you're creating a private network. You connect your computer to your phone by bluetooth or wifi (one of which is a prerequisite for any of this to work). Then your phone connection to the Internet can be used by the computer  - i.e. the phone takes the place of a router/modem that you would more normally have in a home network setup.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale

• 6. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Thanks. It sounds interesting.

ATR

• 7. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
                      terriblesoftware Level 1

Thanks guuy for trying to help....it is version 12.... and yes i was able to do the initial activation...to get the programs to open..... and no...i was not trying to publish or share any videos yet .....only trying to render what i had to view it better....and all of a sudden it was making me do YET ANOTHER activation...this time requiring adobe flash...blah blah.....effin BS !!!!! ...btw this is a desktop.....and i cannot be gping to the library everytime this stupid company feels i need to activaye ANOTJER portion pf thier software down the line.....when will it end ????? SO PISSED.....I WAS SUPPOSED TO EDIT ALL WEEKEND......DO YOU THINK ANYONE....I MEAN ANYONE AT ADOBE CARES ??????   Hhaha...the cust support on chat was TERRIBLE AND USELESS......ANOTHER WASTE OF AN HOUR !!!!!!!  So dissappointed inthis purchase....even if i take it back and return it....IF THEY TAKE IT.BACK.....it was such a.waste of.time and.gas and money...and time....... HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE ANY COMPANY THAT WOULD DO THIS TO PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 8. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
                        terriblesoftware Level 1

I will bash this company for as long as i live...every chance i get....for what they have put me through in the past few days.....and i know when i call tomorrow....it will take hours....and i wont be able to understand who im talking to.....and they will apologise but not mean it..... and even if they helpme onthe rendering activation.....how many.more activations are there gonna be....and serial numbers....and so on.........did i mentuon i now HATE this company ??

• 9. Re: this is the worst experience ive had
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Sorry for your situation.

Lately and suddenly I have noted periodically the program's need to activate something in the Rendering of the Timeline action. These needs to activiate certain features may/can continue on an unexpected basis, and without an Internet connection this will continue to be disturbing for you.

In the case of Rendering the Timeline, it is not a requirement for continuing in the program. It is a preview feature to get the best possible preview of what you are playing back in the Edit Mode monitor. But, it is your opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later. It is particularly useful for transitions, effects, titles, and non native formats.

If you decide that it is not in your best interests to continue to with program, then it would be a good idea to try for the money back/return as soon as possible. That is going to depend on from whom you purchased the program. In the case of Adobe, strictly within 30 days of purchase for any consideration.

Wishing you success in whatever your decisions on video editing program.

ATR