3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2007 7:40 AM by SafariTECH

Vista question

Level 7
      I have a game (projector, not shockwave) that reads and writes various
      files to the same directory where the exe resides and some sub
      directories as well. I don't have Vista but was wondering will it's
      security features prevent this from working?

The game also uses the MUS xtra in p2p mode, any problems there with Vista?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Vista question
          Level 7
          > I have a game (projector, not shockwave) that reads and writes various
          > files to the same directory where the exe resides and some sub
          > directories as well. I don't have Vista but was wondering will it's
          > security features prevent this from working?

That depends where the game is installed. If it's a write-protected
          directory and the user doesn't have sufficient privileges then it will fail.
          • 2. Re: Vista question
            Applied CD Level 1
            The following Vista information from Buddy API is probably worth reading. Check out the section on limited users and virtualization of paths:

http://www.mods.com.au/budapi/vista.htm

I personally have a few projects out in the public that read/write to various directories. These projects were written for XP but seem to work fine on Vista. Of course, the only way to be sure is to test.
            • 3. Vista question
              SafariTECH Level 1
              It will work - we have just created and published a software using Director and it works fine on all platforms, including the latest OSX and Vista.

At the very worst, the end-user may have to set it to run as Administrator, but so far, as long as it is installed in the proper programs directories and is installed by an actual Windows Installer it runs properly.

It has even been tested and run on 64-bit versions