0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2013 1:27 PM by ArtnArch

How can I capture a single video frame and save as an image in PS CS6 Extended?

ArtnArch

I have checked similar posts on this subject, but I have a problem doing this:

I "File>Open" a video clip [.m2ts file type] into PS CS6 Extended.

PS sets the "Pixel Aspect Ratio" for "HDV 1080/DVCPRO HD 720 (1.33)"

PS then warns of "Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction" for preview purposes only, and that it should be turned off for maximum image quality.

I advance the "Timeline" to the specific frame I wish to capture.

I simply "File>SaveAs" for a JPG image - as has been suggested.

Both the On-screen and saved images are grossly pixelated at 1440 x 1080.

Furthermore, the saved image is an incorrect aspect ratio - regardless of how I have the "Pixel Aspect Ratio Correction" set.

It produced a jpg image size of 1440 x 1080 at 635 KB.

I clearly do not know what I am doing...

Have I missed a process - either with the file type I open, or once opened in PS CS6 and set to the desired frame?

Adobe Bridge will display each frame in a high-quality preview - which I could be happy with, but found no capture/save tool there.

I went back to the software that came with the video camera and saved a frame image from the video clip just fine.

It produces a jpg image size of 2304 x 1296 at 2.63 MB with the correct aspect ratio.

After you stop laughing ... can you let me know what I really need to do to get the correct result in PS CS6?