3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 4:34 AM by Peter Spier

Font for InDesign CC

robigail49

Why does a particular font work in InDesign CS4 and not in InDesign CC?

• 1. Re: Font for InDesign CC
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Is it in the font list? If not, was it installed as a system font, or was it placed in the CS4 font folder ini order to work in CS4?

• 2. Re: Font for InDesign CC
            robigail49 Level 1

The font was installed in the Windows Font Folder and was displayed in the  choice of selections for CS4. I copied the critical fonts to the Common Files/Adobe/Fonts and three more worked. There was just one that would not  display in the Font Selection pulldown for InDesign CC. It works for Photoshop and Word and all other programs. I purchased two more versions of the font - a TrueType and OpenType - and neither one of those is displayed as an option for selection in InDesign CC. As long as InDesign CC does not see the font as installed, I have no way of proceeding with my assigned work for the publishing firm.

• 3. Re: Font for InDesign CC
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

InDesign is much pickier about font quality than other applications, and it seems to get more so with each new version.

For what it's worth, I downloaded one of the free versions and put it in the InDesign CS6 private fonts folder, and it did show up under the B fonts, and I also installed it on a second machine inthe Win7 fonts folder, and it showed up in CC, so you might want to delete the Adobefnt*.lst files where * is a two-digit number.