3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 4:50 PM by teejayess

Mavericks "services" menu no longer working in InDesign CC

teejayess

Since installing InDesign CC the services menu now show "no services available". These were all there in CS 5.5. Doing a document that uses lots of Math and now I can't access LaTeXIt to create these formulae on the fly.

Any suggestions or work-arounds?

• 1. Re: Mavericks "services" menu no longer working in InDesign CC
          teejayess Level 1

Actually the menu says "No services apply". But in CS 5.5 the whole menu is there.

• 2. Re: Mavericks "services" menu no longer working in InDesign CC
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think the Macintosh Services menu was probably disabled when InDesign was re-written for Cocoa and 64-bit in InDesign CC. But, for me, options under the Services menu rarely worked in earlier versions of InDesign. I'm sorry you're losing some functionality. Since I'm not familiar with LaTeXIt, I can't suggest a workaround. What were you using it for?

I did a little more testing. It's hit or miss which applications respect the Services menu. It seems to work best in Apple applications like Safari, Mail, etc. but less so elsewhere. Applications that handle their own text like Adobe applications mostly ignore it.

• 3. Re: Mavericks "services" menu no longer working in InDesign CC
              teejayess Level 1

I use LaTeXIt to format mathematic formulas in technical publications. Under CS 5.5 the services installed by LaTeXIt became available as soon as text was selected and the formula was automatically formatted and inserted into my document. Now this convenience has been lost and I require a much more time consuming process of creating the formulae individually and importing and placing them manually. Hadn't done any technical work since getting CC but now I need it. As you say it looks like CC ignores the services menu altogether. Grrr.