I build JavaHelp from RoboHelp for Word, using legacy files.
I have recently upgraded to RoboHelp 7 in order to produce
Japanese, Russian, and Turkish JavaHelps. However, with RH 7, when
I run the single source layout to build my JavaHelp, I don't get
the full-text search database. The compile window reports:
Building Full-Text-Search data...
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
Unrecognized option: -locale
This happens on a new test program with only a single topic
or two - not just my existing help project.
I have tried both JH 1.1.3 and JH 2.0 to no avail. I have the
jhtools.jar in my javahelp/lib folder that has been necessary in
the past for JavaHelp builds / searches.
I have tried numerous versions of the Java Development Kit or
Software Environment: jdk1.6.0_03, 1.5.0_14, 1.4.2_06, and probably
I have uninstalled and reinstalled RoboHelp 7 numerous times.
I have cleaned out the SingleSource entries in the registry
pertaining to JavaHelp and the Java SDK such that RoboHelp will
prompt me to browse to whichever Java SDK or JavaHelp I am trying.
I can't seem to find a combination that will work.