2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2013 5:48 AM by Peter Spier

InDesign CS6 - I want to zoom an image to enlarge the people

Kiwiana222

Hi. My image is larger than the size frame that I have chosen and I want to make the image larger inside that frame to make some people stand out.

I don't mean isolating the photo and Ctrl+ as that zooms the whole Document. Thanks for your help

• 1. Re: InDesign CS6 - I want to zoom an image to enlarge the people
          Jan Petersson

Hi, I don´t know if I understand you correctly, but click (left) in the middle to get a brown frame. Then you can enlarge the image by draw the sides or the corners. While you do that, hold Ctrl+Shift to get the right proportions. Yoy can move the image (in the brown frame mode) by click (left) in the middle circle. Good luck!

• 2. Re: InDesign CS6 - I want to zoom an image to enlarge the people
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

There are several ways you can do this, but they all depend on selecting the image, not the frame (waht Jan is referring to as the brown frame mode, but if you use multiple layers, the color may not be brown).

One is to drag the size of the image directly, as suggested, another is to use the scale fields in the control panel to enter percentages or even absolute dimensions (if you include the unit of measure). There is also a pair of keyboard shorcuts, Crtl + Alt (windows) or Cmd + Opt (Mac) and the  < and > keys which will scale in 2% increments withthe postioning based on whihc point is selected in the transform proxy.