3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2013 8:43 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Making sure the colors are accurate in photoshop

shonabby Level 1

Lately, my finished photoshop phot looks differen when I view it in Picasa, or ipad, or iphone. Is there a way to set the balance in photoshop to guarantee it is accurate?

• 1. Re: Making sure the colors are accurate in photoshop
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Are you trying to be funny?

How can a color managed program like Photoshop determine how images will look on non color managed devices?

As far as I can tell working in sRGB and embedding the profile is still recommended when working for the web or »unknowable« displays.

• 2. Re: Making sure the colors are accurate in photoshop
            shonabby Level 1

I am not a technician. I do know how to get results from Photoshop. Perhaps I didn't explain clearly. I have used photoshop for years and processed 100's of 1000's of photos. I know what they look like on other devices when I am done. It just seems that lately it looks different on other devices, but the same among themselves. There is never a need to calibrate or recalibrate Photoshop?  I guess what you are saying is that the colors and settings (ie contrast, brightness, etc) is always accurate, and there is no way they can ever go off or drift; there is no need to calibrate photoshop, ever?

• 3. Re: Making sure the colors are accurate in photoshop
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Photoshop calculates its display of images based on the screen profile, so one needs to calibrate one’s screen(s), not Photoshop.

Monitors can change with time so it is recommended to calibrate them regularly.

It just seems that lately it looks different on other devices, but the same among themselves.

So how should the problem be with Photoshop?

Do you embed the profiles when saving images?

In which Color Space do you work?