Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Silent install of RoboHelp 7.0

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I need to create a silent install of RoboHelp 7.0 for distribution within our organisation.
I have noted that one of the headlines concerning new features in version 7.0 is "Silent install" but I haven't been able to find any real information on how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I know how to create Transforms and know how to handle MSI's but would like to do this "the right way"

How about adding the serialnumber on advance? Is this possible or does Adobe require that every single user goes through that process manually??

Any help is greatly appriciated!

Regards,
Christian Roejbaek

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I have got some instructions for the silent install but not here. Also I am not sure if it is available with single user versions or just under volume licensing.

Trying to find out for you.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The silent install can be done with all versions. I'll post the instructions as soon as I can but it may be six hours or more.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I have:

From command line silently as follows:
C 😆 msiexec /qn /L* “<Log file>” /I “<Path to RoboHelp MSI file>” USERNAME=<user name> COMPANYNAME=<comp name> SERIALNUMBER=<serial number> EPIC_EULA_ACCEPTED=1 TRANSFORMS=<Product Lang code>.mst

* Product Lang code may be any of the following:
English – 1033
French – 1036
German – 1031
Japanese - 1041

As you can see, the serial number is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2007 Dec 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter

Thank you for your help but unfortunately I am not able to make it work.

Here is the exact string I have used;
msiexec /qn /L* "c:\RH.log" /I "C:\RoboHelp\Adobe RoboHelp 7.msi" USERNAME=xxx COMPANYNAME=xxx SERIALNUMBER=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx EPIC_EULA_ACCEPTED=1 TRANSFORMS=C:\RoboHelp\1033.mst

RoboHelp is installed but on startup I am still presented with the "Software Setup-page" where I have to choose either entering a serial number or choosing 30 days trial period.

On the other hand I have found a solution using simple setupcapture of the setup-procedure. Entering the serial number is stored in a single file which can be added to a transform using normal techniques.
I guess I'll go with that solution then.

Thank you for trying though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll seek advice on the installation for the benefit of anyone else following this.

Have you tested the installation and found that it is working correctly. In particular, try generating an output including printed documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Have you tested the installation and found that it is working correctly

Unfortunately no.. I am not profficient in RoboHelp. I am only responsible for creating softwarepackages.
I have had one of my users test "my" solution with adding the db-file to a transform. RoboHelp should work just fine there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK but I would recommend that a RH user try to generate some outputs just to be sure this method has worked correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp