1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2013 8:42 AM by Josh_Corey

Does Adobe FormCentral allow a user to upload an attachment after a survey or form is submitted?

jmemn
      • As an example, if my organization were to use the "Request for Leave of Absence Template" and add an attachment box. I
      • If an employee forgets to submit their attachment (such as  a doctor's note on this form), does the backend reporting area enable the manager to attach files for the employee?
      • Also, when adding new columns, can they be defined as data types and validated (like only numbers, as it is with the FormCentral form)?
      • When adding new columns after getting the data, can a column be defined or created as a data type, like an attachment column? As an example, I see that it is possible to select a row and print the data on the form. Using my example of the Request for Leave of Absence Template, if am employee requests time, it looks like it is possible to print it out, and then have him or her manually sign the document. We would have to scan it and attach it, perhaps. It would be nice to be able to manually attach files after getting the data. It would create more of an Access database type system. Does this feature exist?

If none of the above features exist, please consider this a feature request for these features.

• 1. Re: Does Adobe FormCentral allow a user to upload an attachment after a survey or form is submitted?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

Everything you asked about is supported:

• If an employee forgets to submit their attachment (such as  a doctor's note on this form), does the backend reporting area enable the manager to attach files for the employee?

Yes, the form author and anyone who the form was shared with at a "Co-author" or "Contributor" level can edit the response table which includes uploading an attachment.

• Also, when adding new columns, can they be defined as data types and validated (like only numbers, as it is with the FormCentral form)?

Yes, when you add new columns to the Response Table you can set a data type.  Select the "Table" tools in the Toolbar:

Response column data type.PNG

• When adding new columns after getting the data, can a column be defined or created as a data type, like an attachment column? As an example, I see that it is possible to select a row and print the data on the form. Using my example of the Request for Leave of Absence Template, if am employee requests time, it looks like it is possible to print it out, and then have him or her manually sign the document. We would have to scan it and attach it, perhaps. It would be nice to be able to manually attach files after getting the data. It would create more of an Access database type system. Does this feature exist?

Yes, as shown above you can set the data type and "File" is an option, the workflow described would be supported.

Thanks,

Josh