2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2013 11:14 AM by tmkister

Is it possible to remove unused styles from a book?

tmkister

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, which is "no," but I want to make sure.

We have hundreds of legacy ID documents that have been created over the last 15 years, and the styles are messy and confusing. We need to change the syle names and update the styles. Doing this for each document will be a nightmare. Is there any way to manage styles at the book level? Specifically, if we sync a book with renamed styles, it appears that syncing adds the renamed styles to the existing styles, which will add to the chaos, rather than diminish it. It would be fabulous to be able to remove unused styles at the book level.

I originally wondered if this can be done for paragraph styles, but it has since occurred to me that it would be great if we could do this for all types of styles. I saw another post that seems to discuss this, but there was some confusing regarding the use of the word "templates." I just want to by clear that this cannot be done before we meet to discuss if this is even feasible.

Thank you!