5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 5:31 PM by A.T. Romano

Burning mac .mov file from iMovie to DVD on PE10

Ronkyponky Level 1

I've created an imovie (.mov file) of about 9 minutes only to find no DVD feature is on my new mac to burn it to disc.  The idvd is no longer supplied.

I already have PE10 for Mac so tried to use that.  It keeps hanging when it gets to 5% burn and is telling me .wmv files are preferred?   How can that be?

Any ideas? 

Veronica

• 1. Re: Burning mac .mov file from iMovie to DVD on PE10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Depends on the specs of your MOV file. MOV files can be made up of any of hundreds of possible codecs.

Try opening the file in MediaInfo and see what it lists for its resolution, frame rate and audio and video codecs. These will help guide us as we troubleshoot your issues.

(And WMV files are NEVER a preferred source format for anything but Windows MovieMaker, so I'm not why -- or even how -- Premiere Elements is telling you that!)

BTW, it might also be helpful to know what processor your computer has, how much RAM you have and how much free space is on your hard drive.

• 2. Re: Burning mac .mov file from iMovie to DVD on PE10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Veronica

Let us review the details

a. Are you saying that you imported your .mov file into Premiere Elements 10 Mac? What were the properties of the .mov, video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, progressive or interlaced, pixel aspect ratio?

b.When you went to Share/Disc/ what did you select...DVD? If so, in the burn dialog, did you see and/or set for Burn To: Disc?

ATR

• 3. Re: Burning mac .mov file from iMovie to DVD on PE10
              Ronkyponky Level 1

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:          iMac

Model Identifier:          iMac13,2

Processor Name:          Intel Core i7

Processor Speed:          3.4 GHz

Number of Processors:          1

Total Number of Cores:          4

L2 Cache (per Core):          256 KB

L3 Cache:          8 MB

Memory:          32 GB

Boot ROM Version:          IM131.010A.B05

SMC Version (system):          2.11f16

Not sure what you mean by open with media info, but this is what I could find

QuickTime movie

Dimensions - 960 × 540

Codecs - H.264, Linear PCM

Color profile - HD (1-1-1)

I'm new to mac - couldn't seem to find where info about storage is held, to find how much free space I have?

• 4. Re: Burning mac .mov file from iMovie to DVD on PE10
                Ronkyponky Level 1

I'm not sure where I find the info you are asking for?  Some of it is in my reply to Steve.

Regarding the DVD I used the share/burn to disc option.  It does the encoding part and starts to burn, but at 5% the computer hangs.  The disc seems unaffected asthe computer recognises it as a blank disc afterwards.

• 5. Re: Burning mac .mov file from iMovie to DVD on PE10
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Ronkyponky

Can you take your Timeline and do a burn to folder (DVD 4.7 GB Folder) instead of burn to DVD disc? If so, does that go to a successful completion or same end result?

Your source media appear to be H.264.mov (960 x 540). Any chance those are coming from an iPad, iPod, or iPhone?

When you do your burn to disc is the preset for the widescreen DVD-VIDEO 16:9?

ATR