6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 8:17 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I delete the audio from a video in Premiere Elements 10?

Rajrae

I took a video on the beach and all you hear is loud, irritating wind roar. I would like to delete the original sound and then add in musical tract on the project. Thank you for any help. I have searched the settings and right-clicked to no avail.

• 1. Re: How do I delete the audio from a video in Premiere Elements 10?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Rajrae

Right click your video on the Premiere Elements 10 Timeline and, from the pop up menu, select Delete Audio. And, it is done.

Please let us know if that worked for you.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I delete the audio from a video in Premiere Elements 10?
            Rajrae Level 1

That is what I had read elsewhere too, but I don't get that option when I rt-click on the video in the timeline.

I did find a way to do it if I can figure it out again. LOL  OK, I found it. Rt-click on the video in the timeline and click on "Show Properties." On of them is "Volume." I turned it all the way down. I also figured out how to shorten the duration of stills in the timeline. Yea me! Thanks for answering. Appreciate it.

• 3. Re: How do I delete the audio from a video in Premiere Elements 10?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

If that Audio is muxed (Multiplexed) with a Video Clip (assume that it is), then just Alt+click on the Audio Stream in the Clip, to temporarily unlink it, and Select it (just the Audio). Then, hit Del, to Delete that Stream.

Good luck, and glad that you got what you wanted. You could also have gone to Audio Mixer, and checked Mute for that Track.

Hunt

• 4. Re: How do I delete the audio from a video in Premiere Elements 10?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Rajrae

Sounds like progress. So pleased with your spirit of exploration and experimentation in dealing with the Premiere Elements learning curve. Congratulations.

But, the whys for an issue keep me asking. You should be able to right click that Premiere Elements Timeline video and see the pop up with the option to delete the audio. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10 running on...Windows or Mac?

When I right click the video on my Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit Timeline, I see the following:

audio.jpg

You seem to be finding Show Properties in that pop up. What else is missing from it besides Delete Audio?

By any chance are you working in the Sceneline of the program instead of the Timeline. That might explain all this. In both the Timeline and Sceneline, you can get Show Properties, but it is only in the Timeline that you see the Delete Audio choice in the pop up.

Please check it out. This will be a great addition to your learning curve if this proves to be the missing point.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 5. Re: How do I delete the audio from a video in Premiere Elements 10?
                  Rajrae Level 1

Yes! That was what I was doing ATR. I was in the Sceneline, not the Timeline. (I'm on Win 8.1 BTW) Although my method worked, I now know several other ways to handle this in the future thanks to yours and Mr. Hunts replies. Thanks so much. You can tell I'm quite the novice working with video editing. I am please to have finished my project at 3am and got it posted to YouTube. 

I love this forum. It helped me become fairly proficient with Lightroom, and continues to provide much valuable information. So much to learn. I'm excited to be able to work more with video now. I bought PE10 over a yr ago and until now had only used it to clip or string videos together. I love learning new things.

Mar

• 6. Re: How do I delete the audio from a video in Premiere Elements 10?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mar

Great news. Thanks for the follow up and the clarification. Great job.

I admire you enthusiasm and determination.

Continued success and best wishes

ATR