3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2013 9:34 PM by A.T. Romano

Time line and duration at odds

ARTCOW

Sent a vid to youtube but was too long - over 15 minutes. Finally got it pared down to just under 14 minutes. The time line indicates it is only a bit over 7 minutes in length. When viewed on Youtube, the images end but the vid keeps running (black) for the about 7 minutes past the end of the film. How can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Time line and duration at odds
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ARTCOW

Always good to say what version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system it is running.

If I knew, I would post a screenshot to point out what I believe is the cause of your issue.

1. Do you have the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar set so that they span the Timeline content from start to just the end of the content?

2. If you hit the End key to get to the end of what you see as the end of the Timeline content, does the Timeline Indicator go beyond that end. If so, besides checking the Work Area Bar gray tabs, look for leftover in the tracks. Typically they present a thin vertical black lines scattered in the track contents. Delete them.

Please review the above and then let us know if any of that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Time line and duration at odds
            ARTCOW Level 1

Thank you Mr. Romano,

I found a gray area at the end of my project that I was able to remove

which gave me the 7 minutes I was looking for.

Great help. Thanks for the super quick reply.

oliver

• 3. Re: Time line and duration at odds
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ARTCOW

Thanks for the great news that the cause of the problem was found. Good work.

The follow up was much appreciated.

Continued success.

ATR