6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 3:27 PM by A.T. Romano

organizer doesnt open in premiere elements 12

Long160 Level 1

Why wont the organizer open from the welcome screen in premiere elements 12?

• 1. Re: organizer doesnt open in premiere elements 12
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you tell us which OS version you are using?

Does the PrE 12 Editor open properly?

Have you given Organizer time to catalog your Videos and Still Images?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more, please.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: organizer doesnt open in premiere elements 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Long160

Did the Organizer ever open from the Premiere Elements 12 Welcome Screen or was it opening after installation but then suddenly stopped working?

Some things to look at:

1. Open the program to the Welcome Screen.

2. As you hold down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift (altogether), with the mouse cursor, left click the Organizer Tab and hold down on that mouse click for about 15 seconds.

3. Then release only the mouse click. You should get a pop up asking your permission to "Delete the Elements Organizer Settings File". Click Yes to that.

4. Does the Elements Organizer open?

Can you open the Elements Organizer 12 if

a. You open the program to the Editor.

b. In the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, click on the Organizer tab at the bottom of the interface?

If you can get into the Elements Organizer 12, create a new catalog (File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager. Are you working now from an Elements Organizer 12 catalog (original) or did you convert the catalog from a prior version?

I have assumed that you are running your Premiere Elements 12 on some version of Windows. If that correct? Please name your computer operating system.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: organizer doesnt open in premiere elements 12
              Long160 Level 1

OS is Windows 8.1 It did work at first when I upgraded from Pre 11 to 12. It won't open in the expert workspace either.  I tried The Ctrl+Alt+Shift but I dont get any pop up.  It will open  when I access it directly thru Program files (x86) where it is located. Premiere elements 12 is located in:  Program files. The Organizer is located in: Program files(x86). I removed Photoshop 11 from my computer. Could this cauuse a problem?

• 4. Re: organizer doesnt open in premiere elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Long160

If the Elements Organizer 12 pop up will not appear with the Ctrl+Alt+Shift routine, then delete or disable the .psa.prf file

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete or disable by renaming it psa.prfOLD.

Depending on those results...

If you have not already, go to

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Elements 12 Organizer

and, in the Elements 12 Organizer, find the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file.

Right click the PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe file

a. select Pin to Taskbar (use from there to gain access to the Elements Organizer 12

or

b. select Send To, followed by Desktop (create Shortcut) and use that desktop shortcut to gain access to the Elements Organizer 12.

Once you get into the Elements Organizer 12, create a new catalog.

File Menu

Manage Catelogs

Catelog Manager

How is the Welcome Screen Opening set at the top right of the Welcome Screen?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: organizer doesnt open in premiere elements 12
                  Long160 Level 1

I could'nt find the psa.prf file.  Reinstalled the program and is working fine now.  Thanks

• 6. Re: organizer doesnt open in premiere elements 12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Long160

Great news. Great job.

Thanks for the follow up. If you ever want to check again for the Elements Organizer settings file via above route, please double check to make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

We are very pleased that you can now move forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes.

ATR